Snett

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See you there - no garage this weekend bit of an oversight ��
I bet that new rear shock is worth a few seconds a lap ��
Stay safe,
M

Sorry Phil, was a lil busy before snett. Bike's as avatar.
Qualified with a 2.09 sat morning, 2.06 in race 1&2. Race 3 got into the 2.03's so extremely happy even though it took me a while to stop shaking :triumphant: Last race I got a bit complacent with my new found speed and started to lose the front at corums so stood it up and went grass cutting lol. At that point I thought I would park it in the van to fight another day. So great weekend for me, unfortunately one of our top riders/instructor had a big off (s1000rr) resulting in the air ambulance, not good but signs are getting better.

Last edited:
No worries mate I totally understand. Good to hear your making progress and parked it up when it got a little too hot for you :encouragement::encouragement: Great weekend indeed.

Have you heard how the S1000 rider/instructor is? Was he a local to Snett?

What do you think of the track would you recommend itcfor a track day ?

No worries mate I totally understand. Good to hear your making progress and parked it up when it got a little too hot for you :encouragement::encouragement: Great weekend indeed.

Have you heard how the S1000 rider/instructor is? Was he a local to Snett?
Early days, quite serious but reports are looking favourable at the moment.
Don't know his area

What do you think of the track would you recommend itcfor a track day ?

Good track, not easy to learn tho. Depends how you approach it, just to enjoy the day or to see how fast you can go lol. My 1st time there (racing,new track) this year I was doing 2.14's 2nd time there (just gone) am in the 2.03's. That's probably 50-60 laps with the two meetings. Just need to remember binning it on a track day is not necessary :upset:

I went to Bins trackday in June at snetterton and thought it was a fantastic circuit. Big plus is the great surface and good run off areas if it goes wrong. Must say I'm quite chuffed with my times going around in about 2:10 with traffic in the inters compared to yours bananaman, not as slow as I thought!

I went to Bins trackday in June at snetterton and thought it was a fantastic circuit. Big plus is the great surface and good run off areas if it goes wrong. Must say I'm quite chuffed with my times going around in about 2:10 with traffic in the inters compared to yours bananaman, not as slow as I thought!
Nope, no slouch then :tiger: Mind you, I think I'm on it then the big boys put in times in the 1.50's consistently :dejection: Puts it into perspective when I think I qualified with a 2.09 then finished with a 2.03, where the ***k did I make up 6secs? That's a long time on a bike plus we all trying to overtake each other so lines are never ideal lol. Faster you go, harder it gets, comfort zone decreases, use more rubber, more fuel and more energy. Am totally knackered after a weekend (it's an age thing:dejection:)
Anyway, roll on Brands 4/5 Oct last meet

Last edited:
Back