S1000rr rotting in garage during winter

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lumpy

Reaction score
If you have an Garage that is not heated, then one of these could be useful.

Its a S1000rr size vac pac bag with a sack of silica and a humidity meter, bag the bike stick the sack between the wheels - place the meter on the seat or tank and seal and use a vac to draw the air out.

When you come back to it in summer the bike you put away will still be there and no rusting or mould.

Howat! for 36 squid

http://www.vac-bag.co.uk/index.php?_a=category&cat_id=1

There is a slightly more expensive option................European track days
As with most things in life , as soon was you put a bag on it , and its not the same ;)

Yeah he was here for a cuppa the other day, he mentioned that his bike was living in unheated garage, I was going to get some. vine says they work a treat.

a mate of mine has one and keeps his cruiser in it with loads of chrome and they are real good for storing the bike over winter, hes had it about 2-3 years

Are they re usable? Can I use it after every ride? As its like winter all year round these days!

Yes mate if you want, although I am sure you will soon get tired of that..... really they are for winter storage.

How does the bag fit under the wheels to create a seal? Or have the wheels got to be rolled over the bag?

For the money I guess it can't be a bad thing, certainly cheaper than insulating the garage

Get someone to hold the bag open - wheel the bike in. really good idea. my mate holed his one 10 times - bit of gaffa no worries. really good bit of kit.

There is a slightly more expensive option................European track days
As with most things in life , as soon was you put a bag on it , and its not the same ;)

Ooo, that's a good option.

can anyone comment on putting the bike on paddock stands inside the bag? I don't think that's going to work?

Latest posts

Back