S1000RR Gen 2 - Fire Blue

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjparker

Reaction score
Still only 6k on the clock.

My favourite bike that I've ever owned. There is something about the styling of the earlier generations and combined with this colour... I'm not sure I'll ever let it go.

1000039964.jpg

Austin Racing GP2 Decat & GP2R Silencer
Attack Performance Titanium Rearsets
IRC Quickshift & Blipper

Debating what to upgrade next - suggestions welcome!

Last edited:
Mine has done 24k. I was tempted to paint my Gen 4 the same colour :)
Do you still have original suspension sjparker? My brain (and riding newer bikes) has convinced me I need to refresh it over the coming winter... Already had a chat with the famous Perry on the matter

Hi @RickS1K

Yes I believe all still original suspension, the bike really still looks almost brand new as it was PPF'd from new.

What does Perry offer in the suspension refresh?

Have you done any other upgrades for yours? I'm a bit tempted with some over priced HP4 carbon 🙈

(And hell yeah to painting your Gen 4! Would be interesting to see what a Photoshop mock up looks like with the colour)

Thanks,

Simon

On a blue fire Gen 4, no imagining required, Bahnstormer did one 3 years ago, I'll dig out the pic later.

The rear suspension is not technically a serviceable unit. Some places fudge this but they have to drill into it to open it. My last conversation was about replacement rather than refresh... £1200 for DDR lite I think... never mind anything the fork springs might need...

I haven't really done anything else to the bike. Just high black screen, crash protection, tail tidy. R&G do colour coded Rad guards if you don't have them - they looked good new, mine really need repainted.

Last edited:
Actually found the pics quicker than expected.... 2 pics of the Gen 4 (May 21 I think, someone said it started life as a red bike) and another of a very low mileage bike they had taken in, formerly owned by some bloke called James May. It had done 1900 miles in 8 years (pic taken in Oct 2020).

I think you'll approve of the carbon the Gen 4 :cool:

Bluefire Gen 4 and James May.jpg

Actually found the pics quicker than expected.... 2 pics of the Gen 4 (May 21 I think, someone said it started life as a red bike) and another of a very low mileage bike they had taken in, formerly owned by some bloke called James May. It had done 1900 miles in 8 years (pic taken in Oct 2020).

View attachment 5468

Looks sweet!

View attachment 5468
The Gen4 looks pretty sweet in blue.

I was at Bahnstormer getting my bike serviced when the James May bike was brought in

Back