Review: Fitting eazigrip paint protection kit

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lightning_bob

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone tried fitting this, says in the instructions that it mould round curves and corners, like hell it does.

started with what I thought would be easy bits, front mudguard and tail section cover.
mudguard was pointless as the material gathered up in the centre, a flat piece of plastic doesn?t mould round a corner, tried heating it too.

waste of ?198 imho will get the parts ceramic coated instead

I too have this and couldn't get it to apply nicely. Pissed me off to the point I decided I'd just get a respray, better than OEM, if I ever wanted it.

I got a kit off:

https://tonyjamesdesigns.com/

Fitted it myself
Goes on really easy and cut to perfection I?ve had mine on now 3.5 years 12k miles and not a single chip. Wouldn?t fit anyone else?s comes with everything to fit, squeegee and slip solution.

I too have this and couldn't get it to apply nicely. Pissed me off to the point I decided I'd just get a respray, better than OEM, if I ever wanted it.
I know what you mean, with the front mudguard it didn?t matter how you laid it, it just gathered up around corners

I bought some 3M protector from an ebay seller, that claimed it was for bike use. It's so thick, there's not a chance in hell it would stick to anything but a slight curve in one direction.

Latest posts

Back