Racefoxx FAIL rearset

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caferacenz

Reaction score
Brought some racefoxx rearsets and they are unusable.

First no instructions. Not a good sign but I have 30+ years spinning spanners so I knew I could figure it out but not ideal.

The brake side would have worked with some modification. Would have needed to buy a female rose joint and made some new return spring but I was going to do that but it got worse...

The gearshift requires the permanent removal of kickstand. Annoying but my bike is a track bike so I was going did that and wired the kill switch.

The lever then fouls the fairing and the rear fairing mount. I was going to cut this 4 inch section away and make up a alloy rear mount (I emailed Racefoxx and got a kind of smartass response)

Then I tried to fit the top bellcrank where it attaches to the gearbox and it was the wrong size and does not fit the spline no matter what I did to spread the joint with a screw drive blade.

So I then put it back to standard and ordered a set of cheap chinese ones off ebay. I bet they fit fit time.

Very disappointed with Racefoxx. I though being German they would be a decent set but totally not and a total waste of money and a couple of hours and means I miss out on the only trackday this month within 300 miles of home.

:nonchalance::nonchalance::nonchalance::nonchalance::nonchalance:

I have asked for a return but I am guessing from their previous contact that they will not take responsibility for their products failures.

Peter.

Latest posts

Back