Optimate?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The GSA has been kept outside since September so not on a trickle charge. The bike stood for a number of weeks unused. Took it out (bike started as usual) and the garmin nav wouldnt come on, just a ‘no power’ icon in red on the screen. I rode 30 miles each way, the nav started working normally on the return journey. I squeezed the bike into the garage and got the ctek on it. After phase 2 the charger threw an error red light. I tried again, same. Next time, went to 3 then red light. Next time, same, then after a few more attempts, finally the charger went all the way through the phases and a green battery light appeared. Took it off, tried again a day later and all good again. I thought I was going to be buying another battery, hopefully not. Impressed with the ctek. Although this post is probably tempting fate :(.

Just ordered an optimate 3 duel, to compliment the old optimate that I've been using on all the bikes. Not much of a saving over buying 2 individual chargers, but less wires to be trailing around the garage. Only downside I can foresee is when it expires, I'll be loosing 2 charges instead of just 1, hope it's as reliable as the old one i already have.

https://www.optimate.co.uk/products/optimate-3x2?category=OptiMate+Chargers

I got it for 95 quid delivered from ebay

Last edited:
Just bought ctek charger does what it says on the tin ?38 on fleabay. Happy days

I have optimate 6 connected 24h. It works fantastic.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk

Back