Oban today

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Really good blast up to Oban and back today. Weather was realy nice. Roads still a bit wet in patches and low Police presence so it went well...anyone else out at all ?.

Btw anyone else on Michelins. I really like them, they got a bit of heat in them today and performed well you can really see the softer parts on the tyres which gives me confidence.
6e4661823b87b31c78e056342d9fe586.jpg
7b5373dbe10520e89434f1a1d1910628.jpg

Oh and my favourite dish was hoovered
09d964f321b0319b95e1cca6bafd4a93.jpg

Any of the Scots boys out tomorrow maybe we can hook up... 07779 150 760. Geeza text.

Stuart

Sent from Galaxy S7

I haven't seen a tyre with such pronounced variations in compound before. Nice chicken strips too pal :).

Really good blast up to Oban and back today. Weather was realy nice. Roads still a bit wet in patches and low Police presence so it went well...anyone else out at all ?.

Btw anyone else on Michelins. I really like them, they got a bit of heat in them today and performed well you can really see the softer parts on the tyres which gives me confidence.

I really want to try the new Power RS model of these!

- Sent from Mobile

If its dry tomorrow im going to drop the pressures 2-3 psi on the rear and 2 on the front. Ill see how it affects things. The silicone compounds and bikes are so good its quite difficult to differentiate nowadays dont you think. I suppose the two biggest improvements in tyre technology is the move to Radial ply from cross Ply.. for me I think that was in 1986 on one of my slabside 1100s and the constant improvements on compounds over the decades..like anything, nothing stands still in the bike world.

Sent from Galaxy S7

Last edited:
I like point 3.. mid lean sounds attractive.. hard to not imagine its an M7RR with a different styled sipes

Sent from Galaxy S7

Last edited:
My RR2 and RR9 blades were instantly affected by a drop of as little as 2 psi on the front. I could tell before I left my street if they needed air.. my 10R or my HP4 are/were not as fickle as those two... strange.

Sent from Galaxy S7

I find my hp4 handles that much better running 32-33 f and 38-39 r. But that's with M7RRs and I think your are stickier?

Whats the thoughts on the new rossos?

https://www.pirelli.com/tyres/en-gb/motorcycle/all-tyres/sheet/diablo-rosso-III

The R1 I used on Almeria had these on. Good tyre, no complaints, let go fairing easily once I started to be a dick with the throttle, and asking for too much, with the electronics stepping in and stopping things from being messy.

Good tyre. Would happily run them.

- Sent from Mobile

Had a cracking run today to Oban... weather was cold till around 12ish when I left.... the road was fairly busy up the lochside and really patchy wet in places...got some cracking movies on my camera, I was able to really nick on in most places which was great.

The 32 gig card lasted easily the whole way there and back so thats about 3 hours of riding as I never stopped in the Welly. The sun was out when I hit Oban so treated myself to a seafood feast...John the owner told me he picked up 1/4 of a ton lol of mussels and the last 55kg bag was already almost finished.....that is one busy shop.

Anyone else out today ?

Stuart

Had a cracking run today to Oban...

Anyone else out today ?

Stuart

Unfortunately no Stuart, had a miserable day at work instead. Spent 30 hours at the weekend getting some offices ready for client hand over today. Client arrived and spat the dummy out as the plumber had put the boiler EXACTLY where it was shown on the drawings......... Apparently the client wanted it elsewhere but my crystal ball must have been playing up as the phychic message never reached me or the Architect. Bummer is the plumber is now on holiday until 10th May.
Spent the rest of the day hiding from the rain with my feet up watching the snooker.
Might be out later in the week, glad you had a good day at Oban, John must love you, you must have hoovered about a trawlers worth of dolphins this year alone.

Take care big ane.

JimmyMac

Jeez Jimmy I thought I worked hard last week. I knocked in 56 hours Mon thru Fri and listed up 5 properties. I fell out with a couple of clients too as the flat they rent from me was a pigsty... Arrrgghh I hate people...well not the people on here...this is my sanctuary, my Narnia, my netherworld where I can escape too lol.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back