S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masho46

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all my name is Mark I'm from Derby and I'm 51 years young.Currently waiting for delivery of s1000rr 14 plate after trading in my 14b R1,before that I had three gixxers a k5 thou a k8 thou and a 750 and prior to that 7x7. Looking forward to picking some hints and tips up along the way any info bmw related will be appreciated.

welcome mate, used to have a 14b myself loved the motor until bottom end gave up! loved the bit grunt it had driving out of corners! prob too much time spent on back wheel I think!! think the r1 is certainly a bit more comfortable and roomier, but still no complaints about bm, the s1000 is a decent bike once adjusted to it, I've gelled with mine pretty quickly first things you will notice are the throttle does not feel as responsive seems a bit sloppy and requires bit more input, quick action throttle may sort that, gear box not quite the same quality as the r1, handling wise feels better straight out the box than my r1, which I never found an ideal set up, but you know yourself every bike is different and nothing is perfect unless you throwing money at it! the harder you ride it the better it feels in my opinion, enjoy it mate

Thanks for the welcome Andy your right about throttle response that's the first thing I noticed on the test ride.I agree about the suspension feeling better straight away I too never really found a happy setting on mine r1.I loved the r1 in the main but the bmw is an itch that had to be scratched.

Back