Newbie from Sheffield

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budgie

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all, I've had my 61 plate bike in Motorsport colours nearly a year now having previously owned gixer600 and R6. I've spent quite a lot on it in that time like akra exhaust, tail tidy, BM rear sets, single seat, BM led indicators, trick levers, moto graphics sticker set and also colour code some of the black fairings. I've been loyal to the BMW brand for many years (cars) and promised myself I would get one. having spent a few years on 600's ( I'm only 5'5" shortarse) I couldn't believe how much easier it is to ride than them. Anyway enough of me boring you, it's great to be finally on this site now. I'll try and put some pics up if I can find out how to.

Cheers
Ian

looks nice I used to havr a motorsports with the same decal kit fitted, swapped it for a HP4 in september.

I live in Chesterfield so not far away. Did you get the bike from Rainbow

The HP4 sees to be a smoother but stiffer ride, you feel the bumps in the road but the bike does not get upset by it. in the corners it feels very planted.
The HP4 is not as smooth on the trottle as my old S1000rr as I had it mapped at hilltop so it was very smooth and making 205hp at the wheel. Ive not fully tested the TC on the HP4 yet so dont know how it stacks up against the tuned TC on my old bike.
Ive only just got the HP4 run in before the bad weather arrived so looking forward to getting some miles on it in the summer.
Dave

Just wondering which tank pad you have? Because I'm about to buy the same decal kit, but my tank pad has a black bottom but instead of white. Does anyone know the best place to buy them from? Only place I can find is eBay.

Hi mate I got the full kit from a company based in Rotherham who advertise on ebay (official motografixuk). I got them to mix and match up the kits so they are all white ones instead of some black graphics. The quality of the gel kits are superb.

Just wondering which tank pad you have? Because I'm about to buy the same decal kit, but my tank pad has a black bottom but instead of white. Does anyone know the best place to buy them from? Only place I can find is eBay.

I got my tank pad off ebay, a couple of weeks back . think the seller/firm was called motographix . it was the 3D gel one and is good quality and fitted great :) they do the black or white version to match the one you have

Funny you should mention mix and match. Been emailing them today and also ask for a mix and match so it's all white. Hahaha. I've also asked them about the tank pad, as that's black at the bottom and I currently have it on the bike, I want it white. Apparently the 2012 versions have different badges and styling for the RR. So couldn't just have a 12 tank pad.

Back