New MSport spluttering on start up.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bikeracer1098

Reaction score
Bought a new Msport last week, now covered around 250 Miles.

Started the bike yesterday and it spluttered and stalled. Took 3 attempt to start the bike. It then ran fine during my 20 mile journey to work.

After work I started the bike and it was spluttering again, however it ran perfectly well on the 20 mike journey home.

It may have been an issue due to evaporation due to the high ambient temperature.

Is this a common issue?

Thanks

Last edited:
Someone else has posted this issue which is a software fix by the dealer from memory. It?s normal for them to splutter on startup as the cats need to heat up before the emissions can be emitted (kinda), but not stalling.

Mine does the same, sounds like a Ducati until it is warm. Actually if it hasn't been used awhile then it will die several times. It is a cold start map issue and as Soofsayer states it is to do with emissions and dealers should have a map update. Mine goes in September and should have this fixed.

Someone else has posted this issue which is a software fix by the dealer from memory. It?s normal for them to splutter on startup as the cats need to heat up before the emissions can be emitted (kinda), but not stalling.

+1, exactly this ^

Aye, software update fixed mine, but they say it is normal for it to splutter on start up, pulling in the clutch apparently helps.

Daz

Wonder if the fuel used can help...

I have only run 97 or 99 ron and never noticed a difference. From what I read bikes with this issue, the startup map is super lean in order to get the bike and it's cats up to temp. I took a video yesterday in case the dealer states there is nothing wrong when it goes in. I will try and upload it and post it.

cold start on these is a little annoying, in a car park full of bikers and my bikes revving away.lol

Bought a new Msport last week, now covered around 250 Miles.

Started the bike yesterday and it spluttered and stalled. Took 3 attempt to start the bike. It then ran fine during my 20 mile journey to work.

After work I started the bike and it was spluttering again, however it ran perfectly well on the 20 mike journey home.

It may have been an issue due to evaporation due to the high ambient temperature.

Is this a common issue?

Thanks
Started mine today and it stalled for the first time whilst warming up.This spluttering seems to have been happening since it went past 600 miles I get it serviced next week currently have 660 on the clock.Also noticed a click just after start up before the spluttering starts.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

cold start on these is a little annoying, in a car park full of bikers and my bikes revving away.lol
Yes dread it at Matlock even on a hot day park up get back on it 30 mins later and it revs like it's been parked up for a week.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back