new member and 4th service on second hand s1krr 2011

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunzo12

Reaction score
hi peeps, just had a service done on my 2011 rr after owning it for about 7 months and what a stinger it was ???! They found the sprockets and chain needed doing and the sump belly pan was corroding! luckily had the belly done free of charge which they said it be done as a "good will" but I had the extended warranty anyway. They also said it was a common fault and they had a few in like that. Apparently the part/s has been superseded so has been ugraded... was just wondering is this true?

Pic of the bike please :), sumps corroding around the sump plug and then leaking is a common issue as there is thin material around that point i believe.

How many miles?
Chain and sprockets are normal consumable parts, so no surprise that a four year old bike might need a new set.
Good to know they did the sump as good will even though youre not the original owner.

11350595_10152723226336901_1917258926133278091_n_zpsdqvmnh2m.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The beast herself. Completely standard although it looks like the previous owner has uprated the front forks but im not sure. Im tempted to get an akro exhaust to get rid of the ugly original can but i do like the sound of it. And also asv levers.

It was the 12000 miles service.

Hi.

Looks like lightech chain adjusters and renthall grips too? Are those Gilles crash bungs? De-cat pipe and full length belly pan tidies the underneath nicely IMO.

wowsers lol didnt know. how does the light tech chain adjusters work? sorry bit of a noob. dont know what crash bungs they are cause its unbranded but they look unique with holes in them very different to my R&G ones I had on my gixxer 600..

Latest posts

Back