My Belly pan and RHS panel

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Got my original bellypan and sharksgill panel back today from Bike Paints in Cupar Muir nr Cupar fife. What a job.. flawless. The silver HP on the panel is actually painted and NOT a decal... painted by hand, a total work of art... not cheap but you get what you pay for. Im going to get a custom paint job on my lid over the winter as they are an Arai approved painter.

https://goo.gl/photos/UcgFPvDn9oCmN7SG7

Thanks to Jimmy Mac for the dropping my panels off and recommending them.... so pleased with the results..

Stuart

They look truly mint Stu, very impressed, what paint job are you going for on your lid?

Their mint Mac... theyve loads of examples the Tunnocks tea cake one caught my eye and made me laugh... im not sure tbh but they can do anything. Cost will be around 550 plus VAT same price as the lid.

Stuart

Last edited:
I may just get them to fill the holes in and respray it the original matt grey... as I like it that way... that said an unusual design would be good

Stuart

Ooh that's a lot of dollar, I'm sure it would would look superb but think I'd either live with it or get a new winter discounted lid

Ano mate... i actually like the grey it came as... but its all chipped to **** mind its only a couple of months old and was only three weeks old when it blew over and trundled along the road...

Stuart

Last edited:
Brilliant work there Stu, really nice.
What about getting your lid wrapped, surely it would be cheaper?

I you want to get your lid painted you should check out this guy. Doesn't live far from me, and I've seen some of the bikes he's painted. Very talented guy

http://www.pitstop-paint.co.uk/index.htm

The repaired panels look brilliant!. My dad got the crowd in Cuper to fit a flush mount fuel cap to the tank of his T3 Guzzi a few years ago, and paint all the body work. What a job they made of it!

Last edited:
looks bloody exellent stu , cracking work , do you think they would paint wheels?

Ucht im no sure Jimmy. I like the matt colour the lid is the the now so I'll figure out over the next couple of months what Im wanting. May just get them to fill in the chips and blow it in.

He's put a BMW M Power Sticker on the Bellypan where there was a repair, I wasn't sure about it at 1st but actually really like it.

He's lacquered over the whole panel too, it glistens in natural light... looks fantastic.

Stuart

Last edited:
Actually Macs put doubts in ma head 500 odd is a whack of cash... ill mibe e mail Deirdre images and ask how much to bring back to standard

Stuart

Back