My bad luck!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan

Reaction score
So I've owned my S1000RR three weeks & was loving it! I say was because some #### decided to steal it! It was parked in Blackheath high street for 15 mins at 15:00 in the afternoon. When I came back, it was gone! I couldn't believe it! I called the police, asked local shop owners, looked for CCTV but I had no luck! The police sent me a letter 36 hours later saying that the investigation was now closed! It is going through the insurance now & I am at the stage of waiting for a call from the 'engineers' about a valuation. I know they are going to try & scam me as much as possible & I am not looking forward to the hassle of this. I paid ?8,500 from BMW in Manchester three weeks before it was stolen. Does anyone have any experience of how to deal with the engineers who will try to down value my bike. Really appreciate any advice in advance...

Which Blackheath?

Hope the insurer doesn't low ball you, start scouring Autotrader for bikes like yours as evidence of value. Or tell them to source a suitable/matching equivalent.

Did you have any security on it? Chains? Disc locks? Alarm?

Last edited:
Cheers mate, I'm hoping it's going to go smooth. It was in Blackheath south east London. Didn't lock it as I only popped out not a shop. There was 15 mins between me parking it up & me calling the police

Cheers mate, I'm hoping it's going to go smooth. It was in Blackheath south east London. Didn't lock it as I only popped out not a shop. There was 15 mins between me parking it up & me calling the police

Ahh not far from me. I had mine attacked at Southbank. Yaay for London. Can't have anything nice.

- Sent from Mobile Device

Sorry to hear about this Dan, it's the worst feeling having some scum bags take what you've worked hard for.

Please post all the bike details you can so everyone can keep a look out. And any pics....

I hope you are back on an sthou again very soon.

Whatever they offer you, refuse mate. I got done 2 years ago, got off to go to a cafe in East Ham for a pee, 3 minutes later it was gone. Must have been followed by some scum in a van.

It was a standard 2011 Motorsport. I hadn't had chance to make it my own yet. Looking to replace it with the same.

I'm back! The insurance paid out what I paid for the bike! I spent a few weeks looking for a replacement & bought a Saphire black 2013 S1000RR with 2,000 miles on. Really happy with it! Totally standard apart from a titanium Akrapovic slip on.

Nice one Dan. That's 3 years newer than the one you had nicked I believe? Not a bad result ;).

Thanks, just over 2 years newer & low mileage. Had to put another ?1500into it though...

Not too bad a result in the end Dan, glad the insurers came up trumps. Get serious about security this time, BikeTrac is a great tool. Hope you never need it though.

JimmyMac

Latest posts

Back