Mirror Problems

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnboy

Reaction score
First of all hello peeps, not been on in a while as ive been sulking with the crap weather! Anyhow pulled my bike out of the garage today to go & fuel up for tomorrow (yes it is now raining :-( ) I always fold my mirrors in when in the garage but the right one now won't locate back, it just kind of flops about loose. I've taken both mirrors off and they seem to be sealed units and from what I can see both look the same, nothing hanging off etc. Just wondered if anyone else had any probs or could suggest any fixes, or if it is terminal anyone got a right mirror they don't want a kings ransom for! Cheers

This is a new one. There must be some sort of ball bearing on a spring type set up in there that might be stuck how about spraying the pivot points with WD

Cheers UJ, will give it a try, there doesn't appear to be anything serviceable as its riveted from the outside. Fingers crossed for the magic spray I think!

Took the mirror off tonight and gave it a good soak in wd but it still wouldn't locate. In the end I put it roughly where it should be and gave it a magic tap with the back of a screwdriver and it popped into place! Now working fine, so im going to keep mine regularly lubed from now on :) Cheers for the advise UJ

iVE GOT A similar problem… High speed , the mirror flops in...

Back