Mini Review - LED Canbus Sidelights

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I bought these;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-HIGH-PO...ED-BULB-12V-501-W5W-SIDELIGHTS-/251442847277?

They do not work on our bikes, they either stay on, *with the key out*, or don't come on at all, I tried them fitted in all combinations of polarity to confirm this.
When in the only position they come on, they create a !LAMP condition and thus the "CANBUS" part of them is rubbish too.

I'll be send them back.

I have replaced them with white Halogens from Philips.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MZQUU70

Hold fire sending back. The lights go off after 2 mins. Its easy to get rid of lamp failure signal if you go into set up

Hold fire sending back. The lights go off after 2 mins. Its easy to get rid of lamp failure signal if you go into set up

2Mins? Ok to be fair I didn't wait that long. I can deal with the LAMP msg just didn't find they turned off, wasn't going to wait ages for it. So they hold a charge I take it?

I did the same 2 weeks ago and put it on here. If i had 1 bulb and 1 led in it turned off with key, both leds and you can take key out. Wasnt until 1 person on here told me and someone on fb. Must be a residual charge from somewhere. As for bulb failure it is easy to knock off and it stays off by surpressing it.

I've got the whole front end off at the moment - I'll test vs the halogen white's too and go with whichever. Another downside was that the LED is quite snug in the hole and I managed to lose the damn thing into the headlight unit, when I pulled the plug backwards and the LED caught on the housing - retrieving it was a ballache (need a flexible grabber thing). I know a Halogen won't have the same issue so I may just avoid the hassle of !LAMP suppression and fitment.

They are a bitch to get to thats for sure. I have a pair of long nosed forcepts that did the job in the end

Latest posts

Back