miles in a day?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

base

Reaction score
Hi, I have 6 days off coming up and thought about getting a ferry to spain and riding up through france, and seeing a few sights, main on being the Viaduc de Millau in france, I am a fair weather rider these days and generally just use my bikes for the odd blat about, but it would be nice to go away on the bike for a bit of a break from normal life :). so to my question how many miles do you guys think is comfy to acheive on european non motorway non toll roads in a day? I want it to be fun ................ not like once I went to Oz the other half , she booked a hotel just there (on the map) transpired it was 900 KM away :) ..................

200-250 a day on nice non motorway roads with a few stops to enjoy the journey is about right:)

Agree with above , say 250 non motorway ....I do and have done many many Euro trips though and don't think anything of a 500 mile varied road day if need be to crunch the miles to get to the twisty bits / or the hot decent weather/ deadline for ferry/event with only so many days available.... The S1000 is far more comfortable than many many supposed sports/tourers for long hauls , no matter what anyone says.

Twisties - 300
M/ways - 400+

I went to Barcelona a few yrs ago and got to Montpelier in 2 days riding down from Calais. That was mainly A type roads and twisties. It's a surprisingly comfy bike above town speeds

cheers for the input everyone, I just need to get my act together and put new boots on the bike and I'll be good to go...............................

have done a couple of 600 +mile days on my RR a few years ago , had an airhawk seat pad which made a lot of difference though , I wouldn't advise that sort of milage though , but it is doable.
probably half that is easy enough

I'd say bob is spot on... I've done London to Nurburg in a day (about 400 miles), but it was a long day, and was glad of a cold beer when done.
200-250 miles (for me) is about right... I want to enjoy the ride rather than win a prize for distance!

went down to Le Mans to watch the Moto GP in May, non motorways, the S1000rr was fine ( the 2 hour+ traffic jam of about a million bikes trying to get out of the place after was a bit of a killer on the wrists tho :/) but me arse was fine :)

hey guys...sorry to change the subject slightly but quick question to those who've travelled some of Europe on the bike: Where would you recommend for the best biking roads in Europe? Or the best 6 day route from UK? I've been thinking about a trip over there too, but could do with some tips! :) Cheers

the roads in france are great especially when the suns out :) noticeably less pot holes and you'll be surprised at how accommodating the french car drivers are as opposed to most of our ones !! (top tip also, when you're at a motorway toll both, dont let a huge camper van get right up your arse as you'll end up paying about 30 euros for him aswell :grief:)

Back