Mileage

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R1Sean

Reaction score
I currently ride an R1 :eek: most of the year do a fair few miles and am intrested to hear from members with higher mls and are their any issues ?

How often are service interval and rough costs etc....

My R1 is a 57 plate with just short of 50K on it and apart from normal things like C+S, pads etc.. it's great. Serviced every 6K with Valves at 24 & 48.

Cheers R1Sean.

Services are every 6000 with valves at 18000. Haven't heard of many high milers so hard to gauge how they will fair.

Mine has done 19.5k from new in 22 months.

Had the 18k serivce done which was changing fork oil and checking valves, spark plugs, air filter etc £550.

Gone through 3 sets of brake pads and 1 set of front brake discs. Will have to do rear discs and pads soon.

On original chain and sprockets.

Front wheel bearings need doing.

Easy rider, never tracked so tyres k3s 6k miles (amazing!), RP3s 12k and now on M5s.

No issues with reliabilty at all apart from 2 self inflicted battery issues, so upgraded to larger battery to ensure it starts.

Ride all year round. Great bike for it.

Hi Fino,

Thanks for info good price for that big service including Fork oil, X3 set of pads & disks is strange where the discs done under warranty and wheel Bearing ?

My R1 never needed disc's had pads changed at 36K as been in since new still had life in them, never needed any bearings, have also had a battery think if you ride all year the cold really zaps the battery.

Highest mls ive seen on one is 28K on MCN bikes for sale, they are really holding their price well I ride all year and the R1 is great for that as well I see a S1000rr very often on the M1 into london in the morning the guy is always making progress.

Cheers for info Sean

Hi Sean,

Discs were lipped and ribbed and are consumables

Wheel bearings - be under warranty

The bike is used for commuting generally so stop/ start and pot holes!

cheers

Hi Fino,

good to know its a commuter like my R1 your not on the M1 into London I see one regular about 06:45-07:00am always nipping along !!!
I saw your post 18k service and comments about Fork Oil was interesting I get mine done every 2 years with Valve clearances as its easier to have it done then, I only had my 1st service done at Yamaha since then my mate in Stevenage small independent does all my work ��
Sean

Back