M GPS data logger issue!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... after reading about the challenges of the BMW Lap Timer / Data Logger ..... is it better to buy an AIM solution?

I have a 2024 M1000rr USA spec .... not looking for a 'headache' installation!

What headache, specifically?
I bought one second hand and needed it updated by 2D. They did that, when I got to talk to them.

The AIM though is a great option as it's easily transferred from one bike to another. Only an issue where tracks preclude timing gear, the BMW version being in the dashboard is pretty difficult for the authorities to ban :)

What headache, specifically?
I bought one second hand and needed it updated by 2D. They did that, when I got to talk to them.

The AIM though is a great option as it's easily transferred from one bike to another. Only an issue where tracks preclude timing gear, the BMW version being in the dashboard is pretty difficult for the authorities to ban :)

Getting all the part numbers necessary to make it all work ... my dealer is basically useless!

It seems like the config and setup are overly complicated and seem to require some type of OEM involvement to make things work.

I am getting a lot of 'mixed information' about 'how' things work ..... some articles / people say that tracks are stored in the software ... others say that you need a beacon / transmitter setup ... others says that the M1000rr has a different setup to the S1000rr .... others say that the 2024 M1000rr uses different tech than the older M1000rr ... trying to find facts is challenging and i have spent over one month, without success!

eg The 'part numbers' listed do not correspond to anything bike related on Google?

https://manuals.bmw-motorrad.com/ma...DF/77015A7C2A5_Datenlogger_0P01_01_202212.pdf

Where can i find this information?

There's only one version and it should plug and play on an M1000RR.
The part number is/was 77537921848 the dealer should be able to find that and if it's been superseded get the latest spec.

I think people get confused with the MRCK which is a whole other ball game (ECU, dash, the works)

Does anyone have the part number for the carbon fiber cover and gopro mount for the M1000rr rear rubber part, just above where the key goes in to unlock the rear cowl?

My S1000RR has the same setup and I have the parts;
Carbon Cover - 77318105456
Go Pro Mount and cover -77317109004 & 77317108033

Don't know the rubber part you're talking about, can you post a photo?

There's only one version and it should plug and play on an M1000RR.
The part number is/was 77537921848 the dealer should be able to find that and if it's been superseded get the latest spec.

How good is the BMW software interface for doing data analysis of track data?

I'd say the AIM is easier. In the 2D software there's tonnes to it that I can't make use of as I'm not a data engineer. It's very comprehensive.
If you download the software (free, no purchase required) you can have a play with the DEMO.MES file.

It's powerful but not user friendly.
Mike Edwards has his datalogging vids here; https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/threads/spike-edwards-s1000rr-hp-datalogging-information.14341/
KoRn_IcHoN Overview video -

- BMW M GPS Lap Trigger: http://2d-datarecording.com/en/produk...
- List of race tracks included by default (for automatic laptimes on the dashboard): http://2d-datarecording.com/Downloads... (at the end of the pdf)

The software is a secondary decision for me.

I went with BMW because I like the lap trigger etc all built in to the dash. I get the green light on the dash when I'm on a good lap etc.

If I had more than 1 bike I would go for the AIM.

The software is a secondary decision for me.

I went with BMW because I like the lap trigger etc all built in to the dash. I get the green light on the dash when I'm on a good lap etc.

If I had more than 1 bike I would go for the AIM.

Do you know where i can access some demo files to 'play' with, while i wait for my hardware?

Last edited:
Alex,

Does your TFT display show you anything (icon or symbol) regarding active data logging?

Attachments

• IMG_7210 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    IMG_7210 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 0
No, just the laptimer is running. There's an operation light on the ilunit itself but thats in the tail.

Did you guys just Velcro the '2d GPS antenna' on your rear cowl, or can one buy a 'cleaner' solution?

The 23+ tail unit has an integrated option. But not the 19-22.

Velcro is cheapeest

Latest posts

Back