Installing clutch plate cluster

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N80Jamie

Reaction score
So I?ve just replaced my clutch basket on my 2010 s1000rr. I bought a compete clutch so I?m also swapping the plates. In the service manual it states there are 3 different types of friction plates; 2 with small friction segments, 1 with a large inside diameter and the rest are just normal friction plates. Looking through both of the sets that I have, I don?t seem to have any of these ?small friction segment? plates which sit in the first and last position. Can anyone shed some light on this? Am I ok installing the normal plates in the first and last position? TIA!

Managed to spot the 2 friction plates with the black mark on the them. They look more or less identical to the other plates! Minus the one with larger inner diameter of course. All sorted now and back together. Thanks for the reply!

The clutch work I’ve done was really straight forward! You’ll be fine no doubt. I’ve never seen a dry clutch on an s1000rr before, that’ll be unique!

Latest posts

Back