In my Alternate Universe - UK Govt -Sportsbike riders to take 2hrs & ride empty roads

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrSmooth

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
In my Alternate Universe - UK Govt -Sportsbike riders to take 2hrs & ride empty roads

I know, I know it is irresponsible to enjoy myself on the bike at present. So I don't. Instead I contain myself by sitting on my bike in the garage and making brrrrmmm, brrrmmmm BAAARRRRRP, BAAAAAAAARRRP noises whilst my chin is tucked down close to the fuel tank. Rest assured I shall not be leaving my premises on my bike, even though I consider myself to be safe and not a risk to the overworked and courageous carers, first responders and NHS staff out there. So, the following is a hypothetical exploration to entertain us all.

BUT! Imagine an alternative, parallel Universe where we were offered, as sportsbike riders, a two hour mandated "free to use the roads slot" where we could go out on these empty roads and enjoy ourselves in this gorgeous sunshine.

What time slot would you vote for and where would you go?

Favourite nearby road or beauty spots, egg & bacon bap, coffee or tea house, ice cream (and yes these hostelries were all given permission to reopen for us)? Remember you only have 2 hours maximum from where your bike is located, and yes (BBB included) you might tell us about your favourite track if your bike is located somewhere else in the world, what you like about it and the various personal challenges you tend to tackle with it at that track.

I'll kick it off. I live in Camberley Surrey, I'd go for a quick breakfast in Chichester - Camberley - Farnham - Alton, past Bahnstormers in Lower Farringdon - might stop for a quick comfort break and a coffee - Steep - Petersfield - South Harting - Chilgrove - East Lavant (Goodwood) and Chichester - Raymond Blanc restaurant - full English and a flat white coffee for ?12 and home again via same route. 45 mins each way with 30 mins for breakfast on the terrace.

Your turn!

Re: In my Alternate Universe - UK Govt -Sportsbike riders to take 2hrs & ride empty r

sounds good, might just manage 2 hours if no cops / cameras and pass on the breakfast, would probably need a fuel stop (from bromley)!

Re: In my Alternate Universe - UK Govt -Sportsbike riders to take 2hrs & ride empty r

sounds good, might just manage 2 hours if no cops / cameras and pass on the breakfast, would probably need a fuel stop (from bromley)!

image.png

Latest posts

Back