Hi guys and girls

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul_h

Reaction score
Newbie on here had my gen1 for 4 years now and love it not really had any problems with it apart from a snapped Harris steering damper clamp whilst I had it banked over,bit of a brown pant moment and a fuel injector going down apart from that it's been a great bike. I bought this after owning an R6 and then a R1. Anyhow hope to pick your brains on a few things over the coming months.

Good evening Paul

plenty of advice here. Do you track your bike also? What?s your fav part of owning the gen 1 v your previous bikes?

welcome mate

hello and welcome, there was a bad batch that was recalled of those harris clamps. but i guess you know that now. :)

hello and welcome, there was a bad batch that was recalled of those harris clamps. but i guess you know that now. :)

Yeah i came across a thread about it afterwards lol. Fitted a damper off a gen 2 after that which tbh wasnt much different to the onlins damper it had on.

Good evening Paul

plenty of advice here. Do you track your bike also? What?s your fav part of owning the gen 1 v your previous bikes?

welcome mate

I've never had it on the track tbh but my local track is Cadwell. I think the main thing is about the RR is it quite forgiving compared to the R1 alot easier to ride and the little touches like the modes and quick shifter are great not to mention it pulls like a train.

A belated welcome to the forum Paul!

Full agree with you, it?s amazing how accessible the performance is on RR?s. I remember when I first opened mine up and was stunned at how stable the bike was, coming from a Daytona 675.

What were your favourite experiences onboard your R6 and R1?

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information [emoji846]

Latest posts

Back