Hello All

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrucieB

Reaction score
Hi there

I've recently bought myself a HP4 track/race bike and looking for a good BMW forum for tips, laughs etc

Road Bike History -
Gsxr 400 96 (Stolen)
Gsxr 600 k3 (blew engine)
Gsxr 750 k9 (sold)
Gsxr 1000 k6 (sold)
Gsxr 1000 k5 (current)
HP4 2013 (Bought last month)

As you can see I've been a gixer man up till now but finally came over to the dark side.
From Scotland originally but been living in London for nearly 20 years now.
I've been doing trackdays for a few years now, done my first European trip in November at Almeria.
Can't wait to get back on track and test this Animal out 😊

Hi Bruce, welcome to the site. Good few Scottish members on here, where did you come from originally?
How do you find the BMW compared to the GSXR?

JimmyMac

Alright Jimmy

Glasgow originally, still visit family regularly and bring the bike up in July but last two summers were a wash out in July lol

Not been able to compare just yet as it's a superstock spec racebike but I did put a number plate on it for a cheeky Sunday blast. Had it out briefly but having a few issues with the battery dying but that's for another thread.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Welcome,

If it's the original battery (then it's pretty old now). As it's a track bike I'd switch to something like a Shido Lithium. However you will need a Lithium approved battery charger. I have both as my Shido doesn't last long - whilst their CCA is enough the actual capacity is low, so trickle charging is a must.

From my research I think the Shido is fine for track.
But the best Lithium with far more capacity (in the same housing) is the AntiGravity YTZ10-12 http://www.antigravitybatteries-uk.co.uk/oem-case-type-batteries/antigravity-battery-ytz10-12.html

Welcome,

If it's the original battery (then it's pretty old now). As it's a track bike I'd switch to something like a Shido Lithium. However you will need a Lithium approved battery charger. I have both as my Shido doesn't last long - whilst their CCA is enough the actual capacity is low, so trickle charging is a must.

From my research I think the Shido is fine for track.
But the best Lithium with far more capacity (in the same housing) is the AntiGravity YTZ10-12 http://www.antigravitybatteries-uk.co.uk/oem-case-type-batteries/antigravity-battery-ytz10-12.html
Thanks Alex

I put a new identical one on but still had issues, the HP4 comes with a tiny battery so got a bigger one off my mate. I'll see how it copes before I look into it further.
I considered going down the lithium route but with having to buy new charger I've left it for now as getting fairings done, new chain n sprocket, service bits..the list is endless.

Welcome Bruce, enjoy the forum , good lads and info on here.

Hi Bruce I was born in Glasgow but now live in Dumbarton.. just down the road. You'll get plenty laughs on here as well as good info and chat..welcome pal.

Stuart

Sent from Galaxy S7

Back