Hallo aus Basel! (Hello from Basel/Switzerland for you... ;-) )

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 970

Reaction score
Hi fellow riders! I'm from Basel/Switzerland and ride frequently in England/Scotland/Ireland. The reason I joined is not the S1000RR I don't own (I ride a R1200GS Adventure) but the fact that someone seemed to know a bit more about the Cardo Packtalk than anyone else. And I wasn't mistaken, my question was answered, although not as expected but through the hint I found the answer myself.
So don't expect to see me too often around here but who knows? One day maybe?
Cheers
Ralph

Hi Ralph,
Thanks for signing up, if only to say thanks for the knowledge gained from the Cardo thread. They are too complicated for their own good!

Hi Ralph. Welcome to the forum ;).

I have a GSA, great bike, and an HP4, so perhaps now you need a s1000rr to go with your GSA also?

Complicated plus no useful user guide. But as soon as you have figured out how to use them they are great.

The s1000rr is too small for me. I am 195cm, that's the reason I bought the GSA. I probably cannot fold myself on the rr... ;-)

The s1000rr is too small for me. I am 195cm, that's the reason I bought the GSA. I probably cannot fold myself on the rr... ;-)

Adjustable pegs and different bars could get you going, they are roomier than many superbikes!

Size never worries me! I have a 29" inside leg and ride a full sized GSA so I'm sure you can get inside a RR

JimmyMac

My mates 6 5.. and 21 stone he rides trials bikes .. they dont come much smaller ! Hes extremely agile for a big guy.. I reckon an S1KRR would suit you Ralph.. try one

Thanks for encouraging me! I may try today. Yesterday I took my GSA to the garage for servicing (ugh, my English... was that correct for: shiny place with nice guys who do the yearly control and repair and stuff for me because I have 11 thumbs on my hands?) and got a R1200RT for the day. Nice bike, but... too small for me. I had to fold my legs too much and the fully extended wind screen ends too low. On the GSA I have a larger wind screen from Wunderlich with a Spoiler. That's best for me.
Btw: I had a hard time figuring out what 29" and 21 stone are in "normal" units. :cupcake: While I don't know my inside leg length I can tell you that I am 195cm and 108kg. Now YOU do the conversion. :biggrin-new:

Back