Fuel Capacity

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreudianSlip

Reaction score
DA454172-4A45-4CD7-A6AB-FD7C067F534F.jpeg

On my way to the north london flight school (thing) to watch my missus and daughter jump out of an aeroplane, my range went to ? - - - ? and after about 8 miles of nervous sphincter twitching I managed to find a petrol station. I put 17.48 litres of fuel in without it overflowing. I reckon i could have squeezed a couple more ml?s in, but I was impressed. Is this a world record and do i deserve an award?

I nearly ran out of fuel on track at Snetterton earlier this season. I had to put in just over 16 litres when I got back to pit lane. Fortunately I didn't run out and have to go through the shame of being recovered back to the pits because I ran out of fuel...

Yes, you deserve an award!

I've had "---" before, but not for another 8 miles lol!

Bet that was a huuuuuge sigh of relief rolling into the petrol station!

I ran out few weeks ago coz the 30 Mile warning changed to forty and ran out with if memory serves correct 6 miles left showing . I did post about it at the time . Don?t know what I put in to fill her back up though.

Jay

Yea I remember you posting about it, what did your dealer say about the range meter not reading accurately?
Hope it's sorted now and you don't run out again buddy!

I've run mine down to "---" a couple times and on many occasions have had it on single digits/low teens without running dry.
Although when I read about you running out I have been playing it, that little bit safer from now on lol

On the way back from the BMW club day at Snetterton I put ?25 worth in on the M11 services after a fuel light scenario. Need to check what the price was per litre, but think more than 17.5 litres.

In Spain last year I put 17.76 litres in (albeit there was a small amount of splashing out) after we discovered that the petrol station on the way back to the hotel that the locals didn't know about but the satnav did, wasn't there.

Latest posts

Back