First ride on gen 4.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masho46

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys took the rr out today to get the tyres scrubbed in done 80 miles to get the feel of her.First thing I noticed was the vibration through the bars and the mirrors that seem to shake abit.By the end of the ride neither was as noticeable the second thing was the weight difference boy is it noticeable over my old gen 3 bike.No effort at all to go into corners it just feels like a 600 on speed.The riding position is far more comfortable as well me being just under 6ft I left it in road mode to see how it reacts the only thing I changed was the tyre pressure for the rear I find 36 36 works good for me on the road and that's on s21s which are my favourite road tyre to date.Ive put a bubble screen on a tank pad and a belly pan extension to cover that pig ugly cat to please the tree huggers.Anyway as soon as I've got the bugs off I will post some pics needless to say I'm a happy chappy.Anyone got recommendations for removing the bugs without getting the paint swirls I'm all ears.

For bugs put a wet cloth over the area and either leave it or hold it for a couple of minutes, they will easily wipe off after that.

WD40 works on bugs pretty well. Also if you do track days it helps remove rubber debris stuck to the body work.

Back