FastBikes Mag Euro4 Dyno Comparison

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oli

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting and very enjoyable watch for us lot :).

Link below is a comparison of the 17 GSXR 1000 R, 17 Fireblade SP, 17 ZX10R and 17 S1000RR.

All bar the the Ninja were run on the same day, so should be as good a real world comparison as we're likely to find.

Unfortunately no RSV4 though.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SBcjxl764pY

Good shout oli, very interesting, makes me want to put a full Flow system on mine :), that said, the mighty BMW is still up there with the big boys.. A lot of reviewers are calling her old... Give over!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Cheers bud :).

Still has to be Granddaddy of Sportbike engines, bet the competition are looking forward to what comes next from BMW!

All the hype for new bikes, yet the Beemer is the most powerful, only one with factory fit heated grips and cruise control, has a decent tank range and the unicorn of sportbike features ... a proper fuel gauge lol. As a "road" sportbike, there is nothing better.

Re full system, I'd say go for it, was the best mod I made to mine :D

Does the 2017 actually have a 'proper fuel gauge' or are you just referring to the ability to display range in place of odo/trip1/trip2/etc.?

Yes, I mean a live display of your fuel range from a full tank through to zero miles independent of a low fuel warning light. The 17 is identical to the previous Gen 3 RR's in this respect

Only 1 Hp in it between the two of them, but the SThou has more midrange power and torque.

The Ape has a more linear power curve though.

Guess we'll have to see how Ducati's V4 compares next year ;)

A bit more than some, a bit less than others, I don't really care I'm just happy to be riding a 200 horsepower bike to work every day!
Excellent post tho, thanks for sharing ��

A bit more than some, a bit less than others, I don't really care I'm just happy to be riding a 200 horsepower bike to work every day!
Excellent post tho, thanks for sharing ��

+1 Well said!

Is just a bit of fun to see how all the current crop compare on the Dyno :).

Yeah they're all more than enough in std form for the road, however no-one wants a snatchy throttle which the R1 has at low speed and I read that the Gixxer does too, who wants to have to re-map a new bike to sort that out? Very hard to beat the S1000RR as an all round ownership proposition. Got a Tuono test ride next weekend, a bit less poke than the RF but looking forward to seeing what it's all about.

Whole heatedly agree Mac, I can't name a better all round Sportbike and ownership proposition than an S1000RR.

Look forward to hearing your opinions on the Tuono V4!

Yeah they're all more than enough in std form for the road, however no-one wants a snatchy throttle which the R1 has at low speed and I read that the Gixxer does too, who wants to have to re-map a new bike to sort that out? Very hard to beat the S1000RR as an all round ownership proposition. Got a Tuono test ride next weekend, a bit less poke than the RF but looking forward to seeing what it's all about.

I did manage to test the GSXR1000 and the CBR1000RR 2017 and really liked the ergonomics on the Gixxer and hated on the CBR. And I did not buy the Suzuki because of snatchy throttle. It was more notorious on low/mid revs. And I did test with engine mode B and C as well, all the same.
The CBR is very light but the seat is hard and my hands where lower so less confy. The BMW is the best for the road!

Latest posts

Back