East Midlands Forum Meet

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick

Reaction score
So it's warming up, how about a ride out / forum meet up in the East Mids?

Northampton/Rutland/Leicestershire/Derbyshire/Notts?

I notice a fair few posters on here from these areas and the 'travel to' regions.....

I'm sure we can find some dry weather and meet up at nice country pub this spring/summer

How about one Saturday Sunday in late April / early May?

Open to suggestions for date and venues, drop a post in if you're interested.

N.

I'm from Gloucester and so would if I could. Wife recently changed her hours at work and now does every weekend :sorrow: which leaves me stuck at home with the kids. !Grump!

I'm from Gloucester and so would if I could. Wife recently changed her hours at work and now does every weekend :sorrow: which leaves me stuck at home with the kids. !Grump!

Unlucky! We had a good ride out the last time with 'Team Southerners' and so seeing the numbers around the East Mids and considering some of the great roads we have, thought I'd scope out the interest level.

Hi Nick,
I'm up for getting out if I can make the date. BEMSEE weekends are a no no for me though.

Defo going to do BMW Sporting Club road bike days at Snetterton and Cadwell that Bins has organised. Had great fun with the Club last year.

Sound. I'll wait for a few more then lob some dates and venues into the mix and we'll see where we are at.

Hi Nick I'm from Sheffield so I'd be up for it if it's around east mids or Derbyshire. Don't know if anyone is also interested but On Sunday April 20th in sheffield is the annual Easter egg run for children's hospital charity, with James toseland, there's usually about close on a 1000 bikers who do it if weathers ok. It's a good day but also raises money for the local children's hospital.

Northampton is only about an hour from Watford, so how far further North were you thinking of going.

Name the date and place and I'll probably join too if it's dry enough, I'm in the Midlands too :)

Northampton is only about an hour from Watford, so how far further North were you thinking of going.

Well, I was thinking from Northamptonshire heading up through Market Harborough, Rutland, Melton going into the back of Notts / Derby / Leics border near Donnington for a lunch time meet and then a bit of a ride back? I'm sure people coming from the north will take a different route down to the lunch time meet! There are some great village pubs within a few miles of Donnington / East Mids Airport around Long Whatton, Sutton Bonnington, Kegworth area.....

Rusty, you are welcome to travel up to mine first to stagger the journey mate - just PM me.

As for dates:

31st May or 1st of June sound good to people?

Last edited:
there a good few roads round melton and bourne and a truck stop just of the a1 at colsterworth does decent food

Latest posts

Back