Dunlop D211 GP Racer N-TEC's or Racetec Interact K3's - Thoughts??

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine came with bt016 tyres and I hear that the oe tyres are not the same spec as the standard ones, something about not having as many compounds of rubber. I was thinking of going for the 211s early.

Totally wrong. Why is it some people make slick out to be some form if riding god's mode for MotoGP riders with slick tyres only, coupled with an airbag racing suit and Vale's wages. It's horse shit. I ride slick all the time, in the wet too if I get caught in it. It definitely provides more feel and makes the whole riding experience more "pure". A bike can only go as fast as your right wrist wants it too, slick mode does not disconnect the ability to vary throttle inputs.
MotoGP is losing its "artists" to the analogue riders reliant on electronics to keep them in the seat. Why should road bikes be the same?

Sorry, just for clarification, are you saying that in SLICK mode it DOES indeed remove ALL electronic intervention and you have ZERO traction control and no anti wheelie?

Mine came with bt016 tyres and I hear that the oe tyres are not the same spec as the standard ones, something about not having as many compounds of rubber. I was thinking of going for the 211s early.

So you are saying that the OE K3's are not the same as the K3's you can buy from a tyre supplier - they are different compounds??

Metzler are at the Ace Cafe tonight - not too far from Chigwell.

Sorry, just for clarification, are you saying that in SLICK mode it DOES indeed remove ALL electronic intervention and you have ZERO traction control and no anti wheelie?

DTC and ABS(front only)still work in slick mode(unless you turn them off).

Allows full wheelies for about 5secs.

Totally wrong. Why is it some people make slick out to be some form if riding god's mode for MotoGP riders with slick tyres only, coupled with an airbag racing suit and Vale's wages. It's horse shit. I ride slick all the time, in the wet too if I get caught in it. It definitely provides more feel and makes the whole riding experience more "pure". A bike can only go as fast as your right wrist wants it too, slick mode does not disconnect the ability to vary throttle inputs.

MotoGP is losing its "artists" to the analogue riders reliant on electronics to keep them in the seat. Why should road bikes be the same?

Sorry you feel i'm totally wrong and talk horse shit?
Totally agree with gp statement but unfortunately there are riders that buy these powerful road bikes that overstep the mark or come accross gravel, diesal, dogs cats, just about anything that Rossi & co wont find on the track and its these times that yr right wrist wont save you, i for one have felt the benefit of such aids. Of course, riding gods never encounter this crap on the roads, even in the wet. Lets face it, if you stick to the speed limits there's no point in having an engine over 250cc. Riders moving up in size (or anyone) now have the ability to discover an unintentional 'limit' without chewing tarmac which has got to be a good thing?

Bridgestone which are Japanese do have different ie worse spec tires for their domestic market. We get the good ones because we can use them. I would suggest the Pirelli Supercorsas SP over the D211s mate.

Im almost 100% certain im going with either the Racetec K1/K2 set up OR K3's all round.

Hoops, the advice i got at donny was k3 front and back for road, k2 fr k3 rear for track. The focussed events bikes were on conti attacks and Steve Plater said they were great, warmed up very quick! He would know being a tt senior winner I reckon.

Hoops, the advice i got at donny was k3 front and back for road, k2 fr k3 rear for track. The focussed events bikes were on conti attacks and Steve Plater said they were great, warmed up very quick! He would know being a tt senior winner I reckon.

Don't even think about using the Dunlops at this time of year without tyre warmers in either Slick or Sport mode. They are like riding on bars of soap ..... and yes, I have the repair bill to prove it.:blue:

I was thinking of going K1 front and K2 rear - but maybe i will look at going K2 front and K3 rear - mmmm, decisions, decisions!!

Don't even think about using the Dunlops at this time of year without tyre warmers in either Slick or Sport mode. They are like riding on bars of soap ..... and yes, I have the repair bill to prove it.:blue:

Dunlops? Contiattacks are made by Continental. They were the latest variant though.

No dude, i think he was referring to my OP which was about the Dunlop 211's or the Racetecs.

I need to decide whether to go K1 front and K2 rear - or maybe even consider the option you suggested K2 front and K3 rear.

Latest posts

Back