Decent Mid Wales Hotel

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Thought I'd just pop on and mention a hotel we stayed at this weekend, Highland Moors in Llandrindod Wells.

Had a cracking ride Via Bala ( The Loch Cafe) for breakfast which is pricey but not insane, and sitting by the lake in the sun is worth it. Then down to Aberystwyth to grab an ice-cream, where there just happend to be the European Rally on, so that was pretty cool to see a bit of.
From Aber we pressed on to Llandrindod via Builth Wells, making it a nice 185 ish miles for the day.

Anyway, the hotel has a cracking carpark, out of sight of the road, mint tarmac and generally just feels safe. It happend that our room overlooked the carpark so that was an accidental bonus. The rooms are a little dated if you're into that kind of thing, but the staff / owners were brilliant and the bloke is a biker too.
Full English in the morning was spot on.

I know I always struggle with places to stay where I feel happy leaving the bike, so thought I'd give everyone a heads up on this one. There isn't a lot going on in town, so it's more of an away with the Mrs kinda deal than piss up weekend with the lads. The Thai restaurant down the road in Howey is really nice too.

Back