Confirmation of standard equipment for 2014 S1000RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neilma

Reaction score
Hi folks

I cant find a definative answer on the web so can anyone confirm if a (UK) 2014 1000RR comes as standard with DTC and a quick shifter? The current catalogue still shows the quick shifter as an optional extra?

Also I popped into the dealer on Saturday and asked about the TankPad- He said they don't come as standard but can be purchased (?33!!) is that right? I've seen a bunch of threads on here saying that people got theirs with the bike?

And a side issue related to the forum - Now don't get me wrong I am not Mavis Beacon, but I have to type really slowly otherwise spaces go missing or letters disappear. Is this something with my IE settings (I don't notice it on any other forums?)

Cheers
Neil

DTC and shift assist are standard, ABS, heated grips and different paint are options. My bike came with a tank pad fitted.

And a side issue related to the forum - Now don't get me wrong I am not Mavis Beacon, but I have to type really slowly otherwise spaces go missing or letters disappear. Is this something with my IE settings (I don't notice it on any other forums?)

Cheers
Neil

Are you using a wireless keyboard? If so, then you're too far away from the PC / dongle and the signal is too weak.

Thanks chaps. Ok I have put it (IE) on compatability mode to see if that makes a difference (I am using a laptop so no wireless keyboard etc to worry about). Seems fine so far so maybe IE was playing up.

So ABS isn't standard? I was led to believe only Heated grips and paint weren't standard and there was nothing else I could add (I went for the heated grips and the motorsports colours)

Seems I may need to ring them Tuesday to see whats going on - Does anyone know of a definitive source of what is or isn't included for a UK bike?

Cheers
N

Ah cool - just what I wanted to hear. Do you have a recommendation for a decent tank pad?
Thanks chaps!

Mine is only 2 moths old and came with dtc and quickshifter as standard. There was a tank pad in the folder of bits I got and the dealer said they always supply then loose with the bike as some people don't want to use them.

Yup, just wanted to confirm - got mine last week - DTC / ABS and quick shifter as standard. Also the tankpad as W9tte also came with it. Now need to put more miles on it so I can get it serviced and remove the 9K rev limit :) (Oh fitted some grip puppies last night - seemed to have done the trick with the vibrations too as well as thickening up the grips a bit as I found the stock ones a bit too small in diameter.) Not bad for ?13....

Back