Coloured Visors... Anybody use them?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick

Reaction score
So I like a 'tinted' visor and even a black visor for err those err 'hot track days' but do people use the blue/gold/iridium/pink/mirror etc visors?

I used to race mountain bikes and used yellow lenses for low light conditions but do people have other colours and visor types that they use and for what conditions / circumstances?

Pics and reviews appreciated!

Ta,

Nick.

So I like a 'tinted' visor and even a black visor for err those err 'hot track days' but do people use the blue/gold/iridium/pink/mirror etc visors?

I used to race mountain bikes and used yellow lenses for low light conditions but do people have other colours and visor types that they use and for what conditions / circumstances?

Pics and reviews appreciated!

Ta,

Nick.

Yes Nick, popular thread - we all own loads of coloured visors...

Lol. Cant help Nick, I have a dark and a clear visor only.

Last edited:
I had a metallic blue one on my NXR until Jerez, where I managed to scratch it down the road during my off (somehow avoiding major damage to the shell).

It didn't turn things blue, because it was just a one way protective film instead of coloured plastic.

Bought entirely for aesthetic reasons.

- Sent from Mobile

Dark and Clear also... I used yellow glasses for shooting clay's.. superb clarity tho I'm unsure about it for a bike..maybe too bright at the wrong places.

Clear,dark,orange,blue,chrome and green for my HJC and X-Lite 802r carbon lids.
Blue visor is good for all conditions and levels of sunlight too.

I have a blue idridium on my rx-7v but I find it isn't dark enough in bright light. I was bought from arai so there might be darker ones.

Visors

On track I only ever use an Arai Dark Smoke visor in the dry and an Arai Light Smoke visor in the wet. I have never bothered with coloured/mirrored visors.

I've got a gold iridium (not genuine) on my arai for spring / autumn use - I normally use a dark smoke in the summer (not at night). It works ok in most conditions like under the trees, being a cheap ebay one it doesn't lock very well - but optically ok. I've found gold iridium (oakleys) work really well for skiing in flat light and bright sun, hence the choice - it also goes quite well with the Acid Green on the bike!

Back