Brands GP 2nd June

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GavD101

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am booked on and wonder if anyone else going on the 2nd of June? I have been reading the MSV rules about social distancing. The sign on and briefing are now all online which i think is a good idea. Will save a ton of time in the morning. But 3 bikes to a garage, first come first serve and the rest in the paddock (I can see garage envy!) I am interested to see how that works out. Last time I went to Brands GP it was utterly packed in the carpark and garages. I've no idea how it will work with everyone spread out. And I can imagine using warmers is out the window if you are stuck in the paddock without a super long extension lead.

Cheers

Gav

I will be there. All you said is true, Brands is always packed. I have a gazebo but only place to put it is near noise testing area and it's tiny.

I will be there. All you said is true, Brands is always packed. I have a gazebo but only place to put it is near noise testing area and it's tiny.

Lots end up in the bottom paddock...it's all the cars and vans they should make them park out the way.

Only novice spots left now - still tempted as my first wobble around in months, on road tyres without warmers.

Ah nice. I?ll come say hello at 2m haha. Hopefully we can keep the vans/transport with the bikes at least.

And getting their early. I think everyone will have the same idea.

Lots end up in the bottom paddock...it's all the cars and vans they should make them park out the way.

I learned how to warm up v02 slicks from cold following Hicky at jerez last time with Pacedayz. Was scary, but good skill.

During a race weekend,(club) I asked a front runner how much they hold off on the 1st lap regarding tyre temps, he said nothing, plenty grip off warmers, need to get the jump on others.

I thought Snetterton would cause problems for the start of trackdays.Brands GP will kill them off totally!
Imagine all those furloughed self-isolators who live around the GP layout.Nothing better to do than complain to the council/police etc.
I can see it now,photos online and in the national press of those nasty,noisy motorcyclists enjoying themselves with no regard for anyone else.
Expect visits,be sensible and try and maintain 2mt distancing!!

Oh,and keep safe and enjoy yourselves(hopefully,I will too at Snetterton.

How'd everyone get on yesterday? I was stuck the in out paddock which was actually nice and chilled.

Had a shocker of a day though with brake fade and bar to lever. Many code brown moments haha. I am not the fastest, but like to think i am slowly progressing but having no faith in the brakes put a dampener on the day.

Pads and fluid were recently changed to Brembo SC and fluid to Motul RBF660 during winter. They were fine in March at my last TD. But since is spent 6 weeks stuck at BMW during lockdown it seems to have got air in the system. (Tried bleeding in the pits but it didnt make much difference) I am reluctant to take it to BMW as it's just hassle but read if the ABS has air in the system then they are the only ones who can do it.

Anyway i hope everyone else had a good one.

Latest posts

Back