Black Widow exhaust headers?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauly

Reaction score
Anyone fitted these to a Gen 4? There's a retailer near Bedford, though I'm guessing for around ?500 they're imported from China. I'm not expecting Akra build quality for half the price, but I don't want to chuck ?500 at them, if they're flimsy.

After reading some of the comments on facebook, I'm going to stick with the standard exhaust. Unless a used Akra/Arrow turns up.

What we they comments out of interest?

Mate did a fair few miles on his plus a couple of uk trackdays and 5 days at almeria with his. He had it mapped at parkit with them on with no issue's

When he sold the bike they still looked pukka like

What we they comments out of interest?

Mate did a fair few miles on his plus a couple of uk trackdays and 5 days at almeria with his. He had it mapped at parkit with them on with no issue's

When he sold the bike they still looked pukka like

Not having the balance tubes on the downpipes, like the Akra and standard exhaust have always had, meant there was mid range losses on the dyno.

I wouldn't recommend buying such a lovely an expensive bike to then fit a cheap manifold too it. I know the Akra stuff is expensive but it would be well worth saving up the extra money for.

My 2p's worth if it matters; the standard exhaust flows well enough and on a 200HP bike, do you need to spend money on fancy bits to try make it go ever so slightly faster? I put my money in to tyres and servicing. At no point have I ever thought "I know what this gen 4 needs, more power!'

Latest posts

Back