Bike in for service and having a play on 2016 S1K

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kev_b hp4

Reaction score
The HP4 is in for service and got a go on 2016 RR .

no slick plug installed (boooo) but I'm am really impressed , the steering feels so much sharper and responsive compared to mine and although at first mine felt quicker the more I ride it the power keeps going longer on this once into the last few thousand rpm and that shifter up and down is absolutely crisp .

The throttle takes some getting used to especially at low speed , very different to mine but that'll be fly by wire stuff .

So far managed 45 deg lean with knee down , my that thing is addictive , I keep trying to beat it , ( must calm down )

i have already had desires for the 2015/16 since it came out with all the extra goodies it has over mine and can honestly say I'm tempted to trade in mine !!!!!!

just my quick thoughts in comparison to the HP4 now off to carry on playing for another hour (happy days )

I can only say good things about jack at wollaston BMW in Northampton , I always get a choice of what bike I would like , had a k1300s last time .
Highly recommend this dealership . And if he sorts out my cracked screen I'll be even happier .

I use Wollaston too. I found them ok, just let them wash your bike. Each time i've gone to pick it up after a service it's covered in water rings.

I used to have the HP4 and now have a 2015 with the forged wheels. The HP4 has the exclusivity but its clear that the 15 is a better bike and that the HP4 has been improved on. The suspension is more compliant than the HP4, the turn is is quicker and the shifter up and down is addictive. I also like the user mode as it allows you to select what you want from the options on the engine, electronics and suspension.

I can only say good things about jack at wollaston BMW in Northampton , I always get a choice of what bike I would like , had a k1300s last time .
Highly recommend this dealership . And if he sorts out my cracked screen I'll be even happier .

Think I might try them next time then, I can take or leave Balderston in Peterborough

I use Wollastons as well, they done me a really good deal on a pre reg 16 s100rr and really happy with the 1st service as well! Cafe good while you wait :)

I use Wollaston too. I found them ok, just let them wash your bike. Each time i've gone to pick it up after a service it's covered in water rings.

Yes marzy every time , but they must be reading this forum because this time round not a drop !!!!LOL , also even BMW don't try to get the black forged wheels clean ( must get them powder coated or something )

Think I might try them next time then, I can take or leave Balderston in Peterborough

Mac , it's a 120 mile round trip for me , got 2 other dealers closer , Wolverhampton , never been so no comments and cocks something in Nottingham , went there to buy my HP4 and couldn't even get served by the sales team long story , was there over an hour , all I'll say is what's in there name sums them up .

that left me with wollaston , ordered my bike over the phone and the service has been great ever since .

Latest posts

Back