BBQ legs

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keruso

Reaction score
Hi folks, I rode my new S1R to work today, no rain and I have the first service booked in a couple of weeks so want to hit the mileage limit asap. It's about 60 miles ,mostly A and B roads, I did have to sit in light traffic a few times, where the bike gets up to around 100 degrees or nearabouts before the fan kicks in but I noticed there's a heck of a lot of heat coming of the bike especially around my left leg. Quite warm in fact. I guess this is all normal ? Thanks.

The frame gets very warm, I had a run round Dumbarton in my shorts the other night as it was a scorcher and the heat of the motor and frame is pretty substantial.

Yep the frame gets boiling hot if you spend time at slow speed in warm weather, could literally fry an egg on it lol!
Absolutely nothing to worry about though, it's a "feature", if you install carbon frame covers this will help reduce the heat transferred to your legs

Latest posts

Back