Back from Almeria, what a learning curve !

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bananaman

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hotel good, bout half hr from track. Arrived on the wed, chilled, woke up on the thurs to a wet morning. 1st time ive thought, hell , 4 days to go, no rush, to get there, bikes ready for me when i get there, felt a bit of a pro lol. Such a big difference to a uk track day, up early, get to track, sign on, sort bike, etc,etc,etc. Anyway, track started to dry, went out after lunch to try and learn the track so friday would start with a little knowledge for a 1st timer. Cut a long story short, each day started where i finished the previous and i cant over emphasise the quality of continuity, ie 4days in a row was awesome. Bike behaved itself, tight circuit but came into its own on the 160/70 straight. Times expected soon so will see just how quick i was to how it felt lol. Would def do it again.

Just back myself a couple of weeks ago.
Went over with Tracksense, my first time also. Absolutely fantastic. Here is a link to a couple of laps I did on the S1000, first one is warm up. I could only get up to 160 on back straight, standard gearing. It's not until you look at stuff like this do you realise where you could go much faster :)

http://youtu.be/wbsw65NR7j8

Regards
Davy

Last edited:
Tito Rabatt was there testing moto2 bike before our session started doing 1'37s on a cold track lol. Awesome sound, could hear it all around the track as you can imagine.
On the saturday moto3 trucks started turning up, ktm redbull, caterham, gresini, shame i had a flight to catch would have been good viewing....

Last edited:
He was also there when I was over. Different class altogether.

Back