Austin Racing GP1

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacRR

Reaction score
After a lot of umming and ahhing I got my hand in my pocket and got one of these from Rich and Chris at Austin Racing. Its a GP1 with carbon can and black tip, the lads kindly supplied it de-stickered for me together with a bit of forum discount :fat:

Looks brill, how much louder is it than the standard can? Certainly looks a lot better than the airplane wing that it comes with

Looks brill, how much louder is it than the standard can? Certainly looks a lot better than the airplane wing that it comes with
Pics don't do it justice, I've but the baffle in and after a quick spin round the cul de sac (cough!) after I fitted this evening I'd say its no louder than standard but has a bassier, edgier sound. Cant wait to give it a proper airing at the weekend!

Pics don't do it justice, I've but the baffle in and after a quick spin round the cul de sac (cough!) after I fitted this evening I'd say its no louder than standard but has a bassier, edgier sound. Cant wait to give it a proper airing at the weekend!
Superb, I like the note off the standard can but it looks terrible. I agree with Cally, cool as.

hi macrr great looking pipe love it without stickers looks vey "works" can you tell me if the link pipe is ti or stainless cheers

That looks surprisingly good without the AR decal on the side, very smart.

I went for the GP2R on mine, well pleased with it, don't think mine came with a baffle though! Only what looks to be a spare 'packing' cylinder (wire wool wrapped around a metal tube), or is that what the baffle is, be intrigued to see what the baffles look like :)

The baffle on mine is simply a perforated tube about 5" long that you slot into the end of the can and locate using a small allen bolt

That looks surprisingly good without the AR decal on the side, very smart.

I went for the GP2R on mine, well pleased with it, don't think mine came with a baffle though! Only what looks to be a spare 'packing' cylinder (wire wool wrapped around a metal tube), or is that what the baffle is, be intrigued to see what the baffles look like :)

Yep, that's the baffle (if needed)

Back