Abs/traction light on

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MADMANX

Reaction score
Over the week end I used my bike at Calafat track but the abs/tc light was constantly on ???? poss reasons for this

1 200 rear tyre fitted
2 changed brake fluid to race spec
3 touched a sensor when wheels went back in

she is going into the stealers next month for second service so il more than likely leave the 200 in the rear as its ok for road use....tempted to fire a 190 on to see if the lights go out

any help or info would be great

Q4 Someone turned the ABS off.

A1 I doubt its the 200 rear. That should only make a difference to HOW to TC intervenes. Certainly my GEN3 has been on so many different sizes of tyre and not had an issue the same.
A2 Nope - as long as your brakes were working and consistent then there's no way the specific fluid caused the light. I run Brembo LCF much better than OEM I feel.
A3 Could be this, when changing the wheel you should only ever undo the RHS (as you sit on the bike) fork leg clamping pinch bolt thingy-ma-jigs :) If you undo the LHS as well you can change where the wheel sits and therefore where it is in relation to the ABS sensor. Check the ABS sensor for wear marks.

Q4 Someone turned the ABS off.

A1 I doubt its the 200 rear. That should only make a difference to HOW to TC intervenes. Certainly my GEN3 has been on so many different sizes of tyre and not had an issue the same.
A2 Nope - as long as your brakes were working and consistent then there's no way the specific fluid caused the light. I run Brembo LCF much better than OEM I feel.
A3 Could be this, when changing the wheel you should only ever undo the RHS (as you sit on the bike) fork leg clamping pinch bolt thingy-ma-jigs :) If you undo the LHS as well you can change where the wheel sits and therefore where it is in relation to the ABS sensor. Check the ABS sensor for wear marks.

I Did think that on the rear tyre as hp wheels have a 200 and brakes felt awesome all three days, when I removed front wheel I didn't loosen the right hand pinch bolts and I removed the sensor before removing the wheel on the front ??? I may just call down the stealers to plug her in...im collecting bikes this week end so il update

You are correct to remove the front sensor when removing to wheel to stop any potential damage, although plenty dont bother. Could be any number of reasons, first to check if the TC is actually switched off, then I would clean both front and rear sensor lenses just incase a buildup of debris has caused a glitch. If not either, then its diag time, could be anything.

Latest posts

Back