???!!!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love it. So, is there a theoretical chance Guy Martin could ride in motogp in a couple of years?

I would've thought MD had already got his next contract in the bag before this announcement, Suzuki?

Last edited:
I'm not so sure this is the end of MD and BMW tbh. I wonder if he's now in effect employed directly by BMW factory and has a contract to ride a factory bike next season?

He was at Garmish at BM's yearly party and was very much a part of the 'BMW corporate family' line up along with Troy Corser etc. You just can't imagine them ditching him after what he achieved last season for them.

The wording is very unclear, from what I can gather, the BSB elements are EXPANDED so Buildbase and TAS will run BMW's, but only TAS have signed to do the road race season. Thus only MD is without a ride as it was a solo effort. So it would seem that Buildbase want to concentrate on the BSB and TAS are doing the lot.

That's how I read it but await confirmation.

I spoke to Stuart Hicken the manager and owner of Hawk racing / Buildbase Team earlier in the year he told me then it was doubtful that they would do the TT agian; BMW did not really give them that much support they had to pay for the use of the WSBK engines and the mechanic who was to look after them. Hawk racing did not get much recognision for their support; BMW only paid Micheal Dunlop to ride the bike.

Last edited:
I don't think Guy will ever be as fast as Michael around IOM, in fact I think MD could probably make his own bike and still win , whether that be a beemer or a Kwak .

Latest posts

Back