2015 Slippy Pegs!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cavey

Reaction score
Hi folks....anyone else noticed the original pegs are ridiculously slippy in the wet?! They seem ok in dry conditions but unbearable once wet :-/ ....I've never had a problem with the pegs on any of my previous bikes (Fireblade/GSX-R/CBR600), but the S1000rr pegs have a noticeably smoother surface for some reason? Maybe a BMW tactic to make us all buy HP rearsets!??

Just wondering if there are any grippier aftermarket pegs available without the costly option of HP rearsets? The standard peg positions seem ok to me for now, so i'd just like to replace the slippy pegs for something grippier and hold back on HP rearsets until i've recovered from the pain of buying the actual bike! Any suggestions would be very welcome....cheers :)

Ditto , I notice it all the time and I've pretty much not been out in the rain, been caught out though. I only notice it on the left hand peg though. I also would like to change them out without going for rear sets.

I went for some LSL Sport pegs on my 2014. http://www.getgeared.co.uk/LSL_Motorcycle_Foot_Pegs_2?sc=101&category=289 Better in the wet although the ends are still slippery when wet :)
They also do a "racing" peg which is knurled on the end which would solve the issue however they were shorter than the sport ones so i felt the sport ones would fit my size 12s better.

Anyway, you need to buy an adapter for them however according to their site for the s1000rr it just says 2010 onwards so they may all fit all models. http://www.lsl.eu/php/index.php#artikelliste.php?herstellerModell[0]=9&herstellerModell[1]=481

cheers guys....will investigate ;-) anyone got a link to Gilles replacement pegs? Can't find anything specific on their website?? Cheers

Look on eBay atm...I saw them looking for rearsets - though they were in the USA.

I've also noticed the pegs are slippy. More the left than the right too. Odd? I've had my left foot come off the peg on track which is a worry. I was trying to figure out if its vibration that encourages your foot to move off the peg?

Hi folks.....thanks for all your advice.....i hunted down the Gilles UK distributor (Performance Parts) and they sent me some grippy replacement pegs for ?60 :) They're super friendly over there with next day delivery.....highly recommended ;-)

Here's a link to pic with correct part numbers as they're not actually listed on the website:
http://s172.photobucket.com/user/Cavey/media/Gilles pegs_zpsmydjfj1v.jpg.html?filters[user]=143343095&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

And Performance Parts website details here:
http://www.performanceparts-ltd.com...-15-/2015/categories/footrests-and-handlebars

What is this "in the wet" thing of which you speak?

You mean "VFR weather"? :fat:

Haha.....i think we all need VFRs on standby living in this bloody country! ......Lets all move to Spain?!! :)

They look the biz. Just for info, if they are like the Gilles HP ones (which I think they are) there is a plastic cap on the end of each peg. One of the guys here has lost two of the caps when he's been out and about, so make sure they are secure.

They look the biz. Just for info, if they are like the Gilles HP ones (which I think they are) there is a plastic cap on the end of each peg. One of the guys here has lost two of the caps when he's been out and about, so make sure they are secure.

Thanks for the heads up Soof....yeah they have black plastic end caps.....will try to make sure they're secure ;-)
I haven't fittied them to the bike yet but they seem super grippy! ....i'm sure they're gonna be a vast improvement on BMW's efforts!

fitted the new pegs and took the bike out yesterday.....soooo much better ;-) ....in my opinion a great budget alternative to HP rearsets (?60 vs ?400) if the standard peg position already feels good.

hmm I've got HP rearsets on mine (2010) and find them slippy in the dry on trackdays, looked at the gilles site and the replacement pegs seem very similar pattern (although not colour) any one else had this problem or found solution?
ta

hmm I've got HP rearsets on mine (2010) and find them slippy in the dry on trackdays, looked at the gilles site and the replacement pegs seem very similar pattern (although not colour) any one else had this problem or found solution?
ta

The HP rearsets are Gilles Tooling so the pegs would be similar or identical?

ta

Hey Mike....do you have much wear on the soles of your boots? If so, maybe that could be an issue? The Gilles/HP pegs are really grippy so you shouldn't be having problems??

Back