2015-2016 Rear Pillion Seat

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GCullenRR

Reaction score
Hi,

Ive only just bought my Gen 3 S1000RR and it has came with the rear seat cowl rather than the pillion seat & pegs. This is fine for 99.9% of the year as I never take pillions, however I am heading over to the TT in June and my brother is coming along with me. He doesnt ride yet and Im looking for a rear pillion seat/pegs so that he can ride pillion over the mountain!

I cant seem to find a 2015-2016 rear pillion seat/pegs anywhere online. Does anyone know if the Gen 2 seating/pegs arrangement will fit the Gen 3? I have seen a few of these online but I would be scared to buy with out knowing if it would fit!

I know that the gen3 (2017) seat cowl fits on a gen 2 (2013). I presume that the seats would also be interchangeable.
I'm not sure about the pegs, hopefully someone else will know that.

The seats are interchangeable but the gen 3 seat is flatter on top than the earlier ones (probably more comfortable?)

And I think the footpegs from earlier bikes fit but they're a different offset. I only know this as mine didn't come with pegs but it was supposed to, the dealer sent me a pair they thought was for mine but it was an odd set one from gen 3 one older! Didn't notice they were different until I fit them and saw the pegs were in different places.

Ah sorted so basically any rear seat/pegs will fit my 2015-2016! Not too bothered about comfort etc as it's not going to be long journeys just few short blasts around the isle!

Ah sorted so basically any rear seat/pegs will fit my 2015-2016! Not too bothered about comfort etc as it's not going to be long journeys just few short blasts around the isle!

Just a thought, if you have an exhaust that mounts to the pegs then the earlier ones may not work... if not you'll be fine :)

Also, on my first gen 3 I bought a pair of pegs from an R and they went on fine so you could look for those too

Ive a pillion pad and pegs here you're more than welcome to borrow if you want.

Cheers for the offer B! Im heading 3rd June and coming back up north the following week! Would you want my rear cowl? Im more than happy to pay a rental fee!! If the dates suit you id really appreciate if we could sort something out nearer the time. Cheers

Hi, I have a gen 3 with gen 2 pegs, the akra exhaust mount won't fit into the gen 2 as the angle is different, to get over this I had a mate machine a bracket from titanium for the once or twice a year I put the pegs on for my wife, the pillion seat is absolutely fine though, just have to change over the lock, not too bothered about that as I don't do it much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers for the offer B! Im heading 3rd June and coming back up north the following week! Would you want my rear cowl? Im more than happy to pay a rental fee!! If the dates suit you id really appreciate if we could sort something out nearer the time. Cheers

No need for the cowl as I've already got one, no need for rental either , happy to help. You can come get it whenever suits you. Cheers

Thanks very much! Greatly appreciate it! Yeah ill let you know nearer the time and if it still suits you pick it up then! Cheers again!

Thanks very much! Greatly appreciate it! Yeah ill let you know nearer the time and if it still suits you pick it up then! Cheers again!

No probs , you'll need to come on the bike though so we can put the pad on as I'd rather not run the risk of losing the spare key, hope that's ok.

Latest posts

Back