15 plate new to me bike,parts wanted

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use lightech chain adjusters too and haven't given it a second thought, my bike runs in a straight line.

Useful info, thanks guys.

I use lightech chain adjusters too and haven't given it a second thought, my bike runs in a straight line.

Useful info, thanks guys.

I was bored enough when I had my 07 R1 to actually measure the alignment of my rear wheel with a tape because I wasn't convinced that the markings were 100% accurate (not that they would be really I suppose), and whilst it wasn't a million miles out it was enough for me to decide to use chain adjusters purely to take a little bit more guess work out of it.

I tried the Gilles TCA adjuster and didn't get on with them, ridiculous worm drive that took forever to wind on just to fit the sodding thing let alone to try and adjust once fitted.

Swapped them for Lightech ones and just being able to adjust them by one click at a time with a ratchet on each side so as to speed things up they were pretty much spot on first time. Quality bits of kit too but obviously you do pay a bit of a premium for that :)

Last edited:
Yes I'm with you mick :). I found the factory swing arm markings a little too vague for my ocd tendencies.

Back