Odd starting issue

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickS1K

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I took my Gen 2 out on an overnight trip a couple of weeks ago. It started fine and I got to my destination no issues. The next morning I tried to start it whilst sitting on it - kick stand up. It did start but didn't sound happy.. on my way back I had to stop twice and getting going again was difficult. It would switch on fine, but whole instrument cluster died when I tried to start, or would not switch on at all. Eventually I worked out that it would start reliably if bike was leaning on stand, in neutral. As such, I don't think there is anything wrong with the battery, when it starts, it feels strong and the leads/ terminals are tight.

I tried to work out what the issue was this morning.. hadn't touched it since the trip other than washed it when I got home. However, today the bike will switch on and start in every scenario... on/off stand, in neutral, in gear with clutch in...

In other words, it is waiting until I'm 50 miles from home to break down again...

Any ideas where the issues might be, sensor for kick stand etc?

Cheers

Latest posts

Back