A Great Place To Stay In Normandy

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadrunner

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
After the sad death of my father recently, a soldier of the 2nd world war, I took a trip with a friend of mine on motorcycles to Normandy, France. This was my first, but not the last journey we've made to the continent. The reason for this trip for me was to retrace my fathers footsteps, after he landed in France on Gold beach in Normandy on June 6th 1944. Yes I did get to stand on that beach, the beach he also stood on all those years ago. All very moving, and made me wish I'd done it earlier, but with him...........but I digress.

The reason for this post is to recommend the place in which we stayed in Normandy, namely the La Motte biker friendly Guest House/B.B. It is simply a fantastic place. It's an old 19th century farm house, run by an English couple,Bill and Carol. Carol does the cooking and provides great food. Bill is the life and soul of the party and will keep you laughing all the time you are in his company. I really can't say enough about them both. Here's a link to their website.......http://www.lamottebandb.fr/ Just peruse the gallery and reviews to get a feel for the place. The roads are good, the French drivers considerate to bikers and there's plenty of places to see, not all war related though. But if you are like me, a bit of an anorak, you'll be in your element.

Last year I got to see where my father left France on June 2nd 1940 at a place called De Panne, better known as Dunkirk, but that's another story........

Latest posts

Back