Change or not to change.....

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rsv4 RF?s can be had for ~16k pre-reg?d 0 miles. Same spec Pani V4 is ?23k

Even man maths makes it hard to justify the extra.

- Sent from Mobile

I was referring to the base model Pani V4, not the S, but that is certainly a fantastic deal for the RSV4!

Another negative for the base and S model Pani?s are that they are 1100 cc, which for Keith might be an issue if he wants to race?

Totally agree re 16 vs 23 k, would take more than man maths to justify that one lol ...

All of the latest crop of litre bikes are incredible and have capabilities beyond most riders ability, but whether you're buying a bike for transport, fun or racing it makes no sense to pay through the nose if there's no need to regardless of the size of your bank account. The Pani v4S like the 1299S will be available for at least ?2k off list this time next year as the market is so small for ?20+ grand bikes in a slowing economy. It will be very interesting to see where BMW pitch the pricing and spec of the next S1K..

I was referring to the base model Pani V4, not the S, but that is certainly a fantastic deal for the RSV4!

Another negative for the base and S model Pani’s are that they are 1100 cc, which for Keith might be an issue if he wants to race?

Totally agree re 16 vs 23 k, would take more than man maths to justify that one lol ...

Racing days are more or less over, only did 2 last/this year, track/euros are also more cost effective.

Last edited:
Your so tall though. The Ape is so small. Surely it wont be a good fit

Tnx, seen that. Not that fussed about the race system, probably brings noise frustrations in uk lol

Ive put some emails out, will see who wants to sell the most and not necessarily Aprilia lol !

?15495 is cheapest so far for RF
ive got a rsv4 , they remap it when fitting exhaust. Mines having the end can only. They are awful below 5k rpm and map and can/system is ment to sort that out. Geared very high, thinking of dropping a tooth on mine but will after can and remap

im almost 6foot the only fault is leg room a little bit but just got some viamoto rearsets so hoping that helps, but saying that my knees are not good

If it's good on track I can put up with a few uncomfortable laps when I'm 'on it'......
With different rear sets and maybe elongating the seat area I can make it fit ....

Last edited:
Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself the Priller is the right choice even though its a bit compromised? That's the upside of the Sthou it does everything without the need to compromise, but it's also the thing that maybe means it has a little less soul. Whereas, the GSXR at least for me seems to have the blend just about right..

Yeah wouldnt go for a RSV4, Swear they arn't even that fast on track? Surely the Gixxer or R1m is a much better choice?

Aprilia

The fastest lap time onboard an Aprilia in British SSTK around Cadwell Park this season was a 1:29.460 set by Luke Hedger. He was the only rider to use an Aprilia this season and that time is phenomenally fast and easily comparable to the best times set by BMW, Kawasaki and Suzuki riders. They are very quick bikes on track but the majority of teams in Superstock prefer BMW and Kawasaki machinery as they are cheaper to run, maintain and set up straight out of the crate.

Aprilia

Very true although having owned an Aprilia in the past I would never want to again. They are absolutely excellent bikes but the Aprilia customer service experience I had left a lot to be desired. I'm sure parts availability and level of service has improved significantly over the years but I would personally never buy one again.

Re: Aprilia

it hasnt RYS my mates got one and had loads of problems i believe they are owned by some larger company?

What sort of problems are we talking about? Chocolate camshafts? big end bolts coming loose? Substandard gearbox? cheap switchgear? Faulty sprocket carriers? seizing calipers? and so on ?

I nearly went with the rsv4 before the s1. Utterly gorgeous they are, work of art. But, knees are struggling already and I just couldn’t live with the ergos on the road. Shame though, even live near an Aprilia dealer. If I was looking again I’d be looking at the Suzuki and the s1 again. But, that rsv4 keeps pulling me back dammit

Latest posts

Back