😭😭😭 front tyres punctured

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s1k

Reaction score
Really peeeed off
Finished work and went to the bike, couldn't turn the wheel, felt like the steering lock was on. Got off and saw the front tyre completely flat.

Had I noticed it earlier I could have jack up recovery and not have to wait as long. But now I'm waiting for recovery in my own time.

Does anyone know what the stock tyre size is for a 2013 s1000rr front and back

Also
Which tyres would you guys recommend and why
I'm deciding between metzeler m7rr or bridge stone s21

That sucks.

120/70/17 & 190/55/17 Same as what is fitted.
Either tyre mentioned is great, but make sure it's a pair.

Last edited:
Front is 120/70 ZR 17, Rear is 190/55 ZR 17

Never used the tyres you have mentioned but I know loads of riders who rave about the M7RR

Hope the recovery comes quick.

JimmyMac

Seems stick size is 190 55 17 and 120 70

Being told the metzeler m7rr is a good tyre which I've used but the bridge stone apparently are newer and better
But I ain't used the bridge stone

Well my mates are a bunch of funny feckers, I asked them for which tyres I should get
Round and black is the response I got

Both are great tyre options, the M7RR?s are very popular though the S21?s are also a great options.
They do feel rather different though as Bridgestone generally have a rather stiff carcass. I really enjoyed S21?s, particularly the front as I found this extremely confidence inspiring (though it doesn?t give as much ?feel? as Pirelli or Metzeller)

Last edited:
Pretty sure it's a puncture
Its highly unlikely someone let it down
Unless my parents or my boss are trying to kill me

Front tyre punctures are rare. Would inflate and monitor. May have been deflated in the hope you?d leave it and they come back and nick it later.
I?m running Michelin Power RS and they are surprisingly good in the wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Front tyre punctures are rare. Would inflate and monitor. May have been deflated in the hope you’d leave it and they come back and nick it later.
I’m running Michelin Power RS and they are surprisingly good in the wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good shout Gixxer, have known of car thieves moving a car about a half a mile away and parking it up and then watching it for a day or so, if no tracker fitted they then take it away.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean their not after you, lol.

JimmyMac

cheers lads for the advice /info

i'm recovered to home now, glad to be home, last place i wanted to be stuck at was work

Think i've made my mind up which tyres to go for - bridge stone s21

the rear was getting kinda squared off as well, i was hoping to get another month out of it but might as well get them both changed together

But will check in the morning to confirm it was a puncture, too wet and dark to see anything now

I always put rear 200/55, I like ir very much. And pirelli bsb [emoji108]

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk

Rear 200 is better for track, I don't intend to use the s1k on track .....i think
I've got a shitty r6 for track use as and when I get it sorted

Tyre Sizes

You are unlikely to notice the difference between the two tyre sizes unless your running a very fast pace on track.

Back