Most common track crashes

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwbadboy

Reaction score
Is it true to say that majority of these crashes are due to poor throttle control in the corners ?

Hard to say exactly as they are different in many of the vids. Cold tyres very possibly, could be bad setup, grabbing too much brake...etc... too much throttle too early would most likely lead to a high side rather than lowside.

"Ambition out doing adhesion " was both my crashes

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Most Common Track Crashes

The majority of crashes that I see when instructing on trackdays are normally caused by the following:

• Ambition vs talent (or lack thereof / rider error).
  • Cold tyres.
  • Poor throttle control (highside).
  • Poor brake application (lowside).

The above can be broken down in much greater detail as crashes on track are often a combination of several factors but broadly speaking the video has examples of them all.

Re: Most Common Track Crashes

The majority of crashes that I see when instructing on trackdays are normally caused by the following:

• Ambition vs talent (or lack thereof / rider error).
  • Cold tyres.
  • Poor throttle control (highside).
  • Poor brake application (lowside).

The above can be broken down in much greater detail as crashes on track are often a combination of several factors but broadly speaking the video has examples of them all.

Sums it up nicely.. :encouragement:

I assumed it was an April 1st article.
I'll be amazed if its worth the weight penalty. The amount of force needed would be huge.

- Alex

Back