Rider Insurance for Trackdays?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoePeps

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend an annual policy that covers personal injury etc for trackdays, both in the UK and abroad?

Cheers.

I've been with Properly Protected for the last two seasons but they have been advising to change the policy to a different provider that the one they were using to start with.

Last edited:
Waiting to call them tomorrow.

I'm after a policy that will cover me for injuries, repatriation etc, maybe even income protection? Is this what you guys have used them for?
It's not racing, just trackdays in the UK and max 2 euro trips.

for euro repatriation,holiday safe is by far the cheapest,and from experience are very good with payouts etc.

depending where you go for your euro trips,the insurance will differ slightly,has been very trouiblesome at some circuits (almeria/andalucia) but thats been sorted now via a refundable deposit to the circuit ambulance.

Bananaman swears by holidaysafe too...but the price is so low I assume there is a catch.

Which is probably me looking a gift horse in the mouth

- Alex

Last edited:
Holidaysafe flew me home air ambulance from a big smash in the South of France on my own bike. Repatriated my bike. No complaints from me. Road riding holiday with my mates.

Last edited:
Bananaman swears by holidaysafe too...but the price is so low I assume there is a catch.

Which is probably me looking a gift horse in the mouth

- Alex

tbh it does look a little suspicious looking at other companies prices,but i do know a few lads that have claimed off them for damaged gear after an off on track with no issue,i use them for all my travel insurance,not just t/days.

I use properly protected and holiday safe. It’s 2 different policies, the properly protected policy covers for injuries and is a salary protection policy if something were to happen on track. The holiday safe is just a general annual policy for repatriation on track or injury for euros.
Holiday safe were great in 2017 when I binned my R1 at Alcarras. No issues with the claim at all

I use properly protected and holiday safe. It’s 2 different policies, the properly protected policy covers for injuries and is a salary protection policy if something were to happen on track. The holiday safe is just a general annual policy for repatriation on track or injury for euros.
Holiday safe were great in 2017 when I binned my R1 at Alcarras. No issues with the claim at all

What do you select as an activity for trackdays? Closest I can see is amateur racing but not strictly correct?

you need to go into "niche" it's along the top banner,then click on motorcycling,it's not trackday specific as non competitive t/days are included in the cover.then just go through the various detail boxes

you need to go into "niche" it's along the top banner,then click on motorcycling,it's not trackday specific as non competitive t/days are included in the cover.then just go through the various detail boxes

This.

Just select the motorcycle policy and it’s in the small print that trackdays are covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread has just reminded me that it would be worth getting this sorted ahead of Jerez in November. Previously used BeMoto, but they want over £60 for 4 days; went for holidaysafe at a more reasonable £18 for the same if not better level of cover...

Back