What did you get in the post today?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9f413fa998f4d792ac5fbb5f486256a6.jpg

Limited Edition Shoei pin badge set from this years TT,all funds raised going to family of Daley Mathison who sadly died racing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alpha Racing

Why do you need alpha racing quickshifter? Is oem bad?

There is nothing wrong with the OEM Shift Assist system. However, these come highly recommended and are used by most, if not all, of the BMW teams in the SSTK paddock. I?ve wanted to try one for a while as they are supposed to be significantly more sensitive than the OEM sensor which results in quicker and smoother gear changes.

Re: alpha Racing

There is nothing wrong with the OEM Shift Assist system. However, these come highly recommended and are used by most, if not all, of the BMW teams in the SSTK paddock. I’ve wanted to try one for a while as they are supposed to be significantly more sensitive than the OEM sensor which results in quicker and smoother gear changes.

Understood.

I assume you need to re-calibrate Quickshifter once you change it, right ?

There is nothing wrong with the OEM Shift Assist system. However, these come highly recommended and are used by most, if not all, of the BMW teams in the SSTK paddock. I’ve wanted to try one for a while as they are supposed to be significantly more sensitive than the OEM sensor which results in quicker and smoother gear changes.

https://shop.alpharacing.com/shop/i...qnrvng4u9v7l331&cPath=393_559_623_625&page=4&

This is the bit that worries me with the ECU unlocked etc; ***When used on S1000RR 2018 together with HP Race Power Kit problems could occur and the sensor stops working properly***

Doesn't exactly clarify what the solution is in this case.

I got pr0n :) This weekend is gonna be busy .. got this today, my arrow slip on (which is _still_ in the box) and my rear sets which are again, still in the box - to fit to the bike. Combined with a 12k service at sometime over the next couple of weeks, my fun-coffer is empty again.

IMG_4666.jpg

I've got the older 410 and it's been excellent .. the connectors on the mount seem to have gotten very flakey (coincidentally happened as the bike was at Bmw being repaired). I'm sure you'll have fewer excursions into the unknown.

:applause::applause::encouragement::encouragement::encouragement::purplebananna::purplebananna::purplebananna: You can lead every rideout from now on!!!

Congratulations on your purchase Oli, may you have many frustrated hours with your new device.

I've got the older 410 and it's been excellent .. the connectors on the mount seem to have gotten very flakey (coincidentally happened as the bike was at Bmw being repaired). I'm sure you'll have fewer excursions into the unknown.

Glad to hear your 410 has served you well, it seems the cradles are perhaps somewhat of a weakness on the 550?s too as @preynol1 needed a replacement as his outright broke earlier this Summer.

What with my famously robust sense of navigation, this should meant I can venture more than about 50 nautical miles from home now! [emoji23]

:applause::applause::encouragement::encouragement::encouragement::purplebananna::purplebananna::purplebananna: You can lead every rideout from now on!!!

Congratulations on your purchase Oli, may you have many frustrated hours with your new device.

Haha, cheers Phil, am forward planning should you eventually need relieving of your post of forum ride-out sherpa! [emoji2957]

As you know, there has already been frustration lol [emoji28]
If you and Paul didn?t know the answer it was going to need escalating to @alex levels of tech support [emoji6]

- Oli

alpha Racing

More S1000RR Gen 4 parts (clip-ons, levers, brake lever guard, yoke fork clamps, front brake remote adjuster) from alpha Racing...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

There is nothing wrong with the OEM Shift Assist system. However, these come highly recommended and are used by most, if not all, of the BMW teams in the SSTK paddock. I�ve wanted to try one for a while as they are supposed to be significantly more sensitive than the OEM sensor which results in quicker and smoother gear changes.

To be honest there is lots what is wrong with OEM quickshifter. I have been running Alpha for couple of track-days on Gen 3 and it is absolutely amazing. It's fast and precise, all I need from a quickshifter.

To be honest there is lots what is wrong with OEM quickshifter. I have been running Alpha for couple of track-days on Gen 3 and it is absolutely amazing. It's fast and precise, all I need from a quickshifter.

Did it work out of the box with the RS2E map?

Back