Bike is back !!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pof

Reaction score
Is there and s1000rr electrical gurus on here? I could do with a 5 min chat

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Stephen best bet buddy
Can u outline the issue/s in text so have somewhere for him to start from and also may trigger similarities in what someone else already gone through , thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Well i reconnected battery and i have vds on screen. Now i have found what i thought was the vds but have been informed it is just "capped" on a 2014. Next step was charge the battery some more as that can cause vds as well. Still got it. So i took rear seat off to check fuses and noticed indicators had been disconnected to get to alarm (disconnected). I opened the box next to the small fuse box and found this ???. Pretty sure that should have fuses/ relays in it or am i mistaken?
6520a73bb7df6c1efc76c80736095196.jpg

I reckon theyve taken the fuses out to try and bypass the alarm.

Last edited:
Here's mine Pof as said 40A fuse and a couple of small yellow relays.

c9c7ae366729694d6a205ffcec5959fe.jpg

3694459959ccaeadac3c1ff28ac460c1.jpg

There are some more lower down but don't look to have been touched on your bike.

7a9d0924d611815a234ef1220e0e31b1.jpg

JimmyMac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing the dash cycled through with that lot missing

They obviously pulled them to stop the horn but that does not stop the alarm as that has a back up battery inside it and nothing shuts it up till it’s dead or reconnected to the ignition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bunch of muppets, I doubt they understood the nuances on the s1000rr electrical system or alarm. Like jimmy says i bet the fuses are nearby to where the bike was taken.

She lives !!! Got the 40a from halfords but didnt have the relays but she fires up and that means i need a number plate and 2 relays.

Im in no hurry jay. Message me when you are back and i will send some money and give you my address. Thank you all for your help

That is some result Pof.

JimmyMac
Yes mate considering it could have been lost forever, frame snapped or electronics proper messed up then a good result out of a bad situation. Still gonna cost me what i paid the "grass" plus 150 quid for recovery plus a few odds and sods like updating security but better than the outcome i was fearing on saturday

Aye result mate [emoji106] btw..Halfords do a box of mixed motorcycle fuses 30 amp down to 5 amp ?7.99. Theres a couple of 4 amps on the bike so these would need to purchased sepatately..

Handy to throw some extras in the wee pocket where the relays go..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The bbc are doing a piece on the boom of crime in southampton. They saw the bike theft on social media. After a chat with them they are on the way round with the camaras [emoji23]

Last edited:
Back